Rugby League as it is

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Rugby League as it is

Post by moto748 »

And do you think boxing as we know it will even be legal in 20 years time or so? I don't. A consensus will come round to the fact that applying continuous heavy blows to the head leads to brain damage.

And this affects rugby too. We can whinge all we like, and complain that the games is 'sanitised'. Personally I don't agree. But the issue of head injuries is not going away. RU is taking it a lot more seriously, and so now is the NRL. And where the NRL goes, SL will doubtless fall into line eventually. We can all look at Rob Burrow, and say, how awful, but sometimes you just have to join the dots.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:15 pm And do you think boxing as we know it will even be legal in 20 years time or so? I don't. A consensus will come round to the fact that applying continuous heavy blows to the head leads to brain damage.

And this affects rugby too. We can whinge all we like, and complain that the games is 'sanitised'. Personally I don't agree. But the issue of head injuries is not going away. RU is taking it a lot more seriously, and so now is the NRL. And where the NRL goes, SL will doubtless fall into line eventually. We can all look at Rob Burrow, and say, how awful, but sometimes you just have to join the dots.
The first court case when it’s won will see all sport pull into line in regards to head injuries,I’d say it’s already started even in RL over here they’re stamping out high shots.

If we want the game to continue he it’ll become the norm
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, for sure. I watched the SoO yesterday and thought it was very well reffed; the game flowed, there weren't many serious high shots that I recall, and the game certainly didn't look 'sanitised' to me. It can be done, and the sooner we get used to it, the better.