Burgess set to make surprise return

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Burgess set to make surprise return

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:24 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 am
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:20 am

I find it strange the club was prepared to wait several seasons for Manfredi to recover when at the time he was injured we had winger's coming out of our ears yet we are desperate for a prop and he was let go before the outcome of the surgery was known.

The article says he's not asking for big money either so it wouldn't even be that much of a risk.
Could be just a case he wants to go home to Australia then?the family is over there so it makes sense
Well everyone could just say so if true. It’s not an unusual reason is it.

I find it very suspect Wigan binned him off when a few months later (which included the off season) he’s fit without waiting to see what the prognosis was post operation. As I said three seasons were allowed for Manfredi, when we didn’t need wingers and he hadn’t really proved himself compared to Burgess who is top class.

Does anyone at the club have a clue what they are doing?
I was just looking for a reason Dave and you’re right it’s a very valid one if it was the case as for what’s going on at the club I’d argue Burgess simply shouldn’t have been signed in the first place given how clearly unfit he was
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm Really don’t know what to make of this news,I wish the lad well of course but one would hope that he at least gave Wigan the first call to say there’s a chance he could play again.
I guess he retired and we stopped paying him, so why should he really come back to us? I'd have liked him to give it a go, but i'm not sure he's really morally obliged to.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:01 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm Really don’t know what to make of this news,I wish the lad well of course but one would hope that he at least gave Wigan the first call to say there’s a chance he could play again.
I guess he retired and we stopped paying him, so why should he really come back to us? I'd have liked him to give it a go, but i'm not sure he's really morally obliged to.
Of course you’re right Mike,I can only speak for myself after the disaster that was last season,again I speak for myself only,I’d have been on the blower offering myself up and where they interested?

Still as you say not morally obliged too so wish the lad well
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think it's good news (personally for him), should he actually physically play again (not just register with a club and not play).

As for returning Wigan, too much of a risk IMO. Especially if he returned and it went belly up again.

Also appropriate and sensible player recruitment seems like it going to be extremely essential for 2022 with our departures/rumours etc.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good luck to George I hope things work out for him. I think that Wigan should give him a wide berth though.