We are ready! New England RL kit revealed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

We are ready! New England RL kit revealed

Post by josie andrews »

England Rugby League today reveals the kit to be worn by the Men’s, Women’s and Wheelchair sides in this year’s World Cup.

The kit, that will also be worn in this month’s Mid-Season Internationals, is the first to be designed in partnership with new kit provider OXEN, and features the traditional St George’s Cross and ‘three lions’ emblem within a modern, stylish design.

A number of England internationals were involved in the photoshoot for the new kit, including St Helens’ winger Tommy Makinson.

He says: “The kit looks fantastic and I’d love to get the chance to wear it in front of a stadium full of England fans all wearing the same top. There’s nothing quite like pulling on an England shirt!”

RFL Chief Commercial Officer, Mark Foster, adds:

“The players love the new design and I’m sure the supporters will too. The whole Oxen range is outstanding and offers something for all the family. I'd also like to thank our principal partner Dacia, and our other valued partners Ronseal, Monster Hydro Sport, Betfred and Energetics Energy.”

OXEN CEO, Lee Jenkinson, said:

“We’re thrilled by the reaction from players and I hope England supporters will love the kit too. We’re proud at OXEN to have been involved in creating an entirely new England range for World Cup year, and I’m sure all England players will wear the jersey with pride and panache in 2021.”

The kit launch is accompanied by a dramatic promotional video featuring the following England players: John Bateman; Caitlin Beevers; Wayne Boardman; Seb Bechara; Jodie Cunningham; Kelsey Gentles; Oliver Gildart; Tommy Makinson; Emily Rudge and James Simpson.

The new England kit is available for fans to buy now from eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/england-rugby-league. Also available is the first two of four ranges of different designs within England’s training apparel, with additional items to be announced over the coming weeks.

England’s Men’s, Women’s and Wheelchair teams are now stepping up their preparations for a ground-breaking triple bill later this month. There will be an historic double-header featuring the Men’s and Women’s teams at Warrington’s Halliwell Jones Stadium on Friday June 25, with both matches to be shown live on Sky Sports – another exciting first for England Women, who will face Wales with a 6pm kick-off.

Then at 8.15pm, Shaun Wane will finally take charge of an England team for the first time, almost 18 months after his appointment as Head Coach, when his players face the Combined Nations All Stars.

The double-header will be followed on Saturday June 26 by a Wheelchair Rugby League International at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield, where Tom Coyd’s England team will also face Wales – kicking off at 12.30pm. The BBC will broadcast the match on their digital platforms, including iPlayer and Red Button, in another significant first for the game.

Due to current Covid restrictions a limited allocation of tickets is on sale now for these fixtures, from only £20 (adults) and £10 (under 16s), at eticketing.co.uk/rugbyleague

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/35 ... -revealed-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan