SATAE PENS NEW FC DEAL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

SATAE PENS NEW FC DEAL

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC’s powerhouse forward Chris Satae has signed a two-year contract extension with the Black & Whites.

Satae, who joined Hull FC mid-way through the 2019 season and has gone on to become one of the club’s most impressive performers and a firm fans’ favourite.

Man of the Match last time out against Castleford Tigers, Satae also impressed with an unstoppable two try display against Wigan Warriors in the Challenge Cup.

As one of Super League’s leading front rowers, amassing over 700 metres so far this season, his impressive form has been rewarded with a new contract from the club’s hierarchy.

Speaking about the new deal, a delighted Satae commented:

“It was a very easy decision for me to stay here. The club welcomed me and my family with open arms from the moment we got here, and it has remained that way ever since.

“I’ve loved my time here so far. The footy side of things for me on the field has been pretty positive too - I’m really enjoying my game at the moment and being here for another two years gives me a great opportunity to build and push on to the next level.

“Moving to the other side of the world can be daunting for a lot of people, but me and my family love it here - it’s a great city with great people, and you can see that from when the fans are in the stadium.”

He added, “We’ve got a great group of players and staff here; so staying was a no-brainer for me.

“I’m looking forward to where we can go over the next couple of years. We know the direction we want to go in terms of reaching finals, but we’re building those small steps along the way right now.”

Hull FC head coach Brett Hodgson added:

“I’m really please we’ve managed to tie down Chris for the next two years. He’s been excellent throughout this season, working hard both off the field, and away from it too.

“He’s become a real leader in our squad, and you can see that every time he carries the ball forward. He is making 10 to 15 metres every carry, so we’re thrilled to have a player like than in our ranks until 2023.

“He’s one of the best performing props in the competition right now. With some great support from Ligi Sao next to him, along with the rest of our pack, I feel the impact he is having in games for us is significant, and you can see how much opposition teams fear coming up against him."

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... ew-fc-deal
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: SATAE PENS NEW FC DEAL

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Pity
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Didn't take them long to re-sign him.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

In a word bugger

Fine player really impressive every time you see him
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Why can't we find these guys? Or, perhaps more importantly, why can't we attract them to Wigan?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

You have to look for them first & there are a lot of big forwards in Aus and NZ more than the teams can employ over there
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

It would be pointless us signing a big prop like this at the moment. Lam would play him for 10/15 minutes a game and then bring kids on who can’t yet cope with big forwards.