HKR v Saints off

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

HKR v Saints off

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57552357

More HKR players tested positive for Covid. I wonder if there might be a knock on effect for us after Fridays match

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
kevbrown1980

Re: HKR v Saints off

Post by kevbrown1980 »

Why are clubs having such issues with Covid? Football clubs don't seem to. I know football is basically non-contact now but you hear of very few cases (I realise we're currently in the off season for football and the Indian variant is on the up). Is it just purely a testing issue and football clubs see it earlier before the spread happens?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I saw that it was in doubt early this morning but was going to wait until it was confirmed! Just when they had a chance at beating Saints.

As you say, I hope it doesn’t go through our camp.

Think they had a positive case during last week too!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I imagine that we'll have a number of exclusions for close contact. Might affect our next match (which could be good becasue we're going to have quite a few key players out due to the international).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am I imagine that we'll have a number of exclusions for close contact. Might affect our next match (which could be good becasue we're going to have quite a few key players out due to the international).
So many clubs will have the same problem this week, of players being in the squads for both of the International teams.

This was supposed to be a free week for SL, but again, the RFL show how badly run our game is! 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am I imagine that we'll have a number of exclusions for close contact. Might affect our next match (which could be good becasue we're going to have quite a few key players out due to the international).
We could only name 20 men on Friday, so if we lose players I can't imagine us mustering a team for Wakefield.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:36 pm
We could only name 20 men on Friday, so if we lose players I can't imagine us mustering a team for Wakefield.
Hope they don't treat this like the womens SL match that got called off because of COVID + injuries because the number of COVIDs itself wasn't enough to postpone. If we can't raise a team due to COVID + injuries + internationals and have to forfeit that would be appalling.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐