England squad confirmed for Combined Nations All Stars clash

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: England squad confirmed for Combined Nations All Stars clash

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

This being the most prominent Josie
@mikeym366
It’s just a joke that superleague are playing at the same time. Not looking forward to any of the rugby this week. A diluted England team v a diluted all star’s team or clubs who are struggling to field a team in the super league playing each other for the sake of it
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:03 pm This being the most prominent Josie
@mikeym366
It’s just a joke that superleague are playing at the same time. Not looking forward to any of the rugby this week. A diluted England team v a diluted all star’s team or clubs who are struggling to field a team in the super league playing each other for the sake of it
Exactly! Said this all along. And I’ve paid £40 for a freaking ticket.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Good for you, Josie!

I think Dave Woods is spot-on here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57561652
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Complete mess isn't it.

In Football they do not mix domestic and international fixtures up.

In Cricket and Union what is the score? Domestic and International seem to overlap but you never hear of any complaint / backlash from the clubs. I suppose it is because the International game is the inferior product and what the players and general public really want. Whereas in League, nobody really cares which is a massive problem.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 am Good for you, Josie!

I think Dave Woods is spot-on here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57561652
Definitely spot on Dave Woods.

SL & the RFL haven’t got a brain between them. I’ve said all along it should be a free week from domestic fixtures!

What chance in hell have we got of being taken seriously as a major sport when the people running the clubs & the RFL are fecking idiots! 😡
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens prop Alex Walmsley withdrawn from England clash with All Stars

England will be without St Helens prop Alex Walmsley for Friday’s game against the Combined Nations All Stars.

https://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/spor ... rs-3283889
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sam’s the man as Wane names his England skipper

SAM TOMKINS will skipper England against the Combined Nations All Stars at Warrington on Friday evening.

The 32-year-old Catalans full back is well known to national team coach Shaun Wane from their time working together at Wigan.

Tomkins will be making his 30th England appearance, with 25 Tests alongside three outings against the Exiles and one against the New Zealand Maori representative side.

Unable to travel by commercial flights due to public health and quarantine rules, both he and Dragons teammate Tom Davies drove from the South France to join the England squad.

Tomkins said: “Being named captain of England is right up there with anything I’ve achieved in the game.

“I’ve been really lucky to represent England a number of times over the years, but becoming captain is something else.

“I’ve played under some great captains over the years – Sinfield, O’Loughlin, Peacock – and hopefully I’ve picked some things up from them.

“Shaun will expect me to lead from the front, which is what I intend to do.

“The journey from France was something out of the ordinary. A 16-hour drive isn’t normal preparation for an England game, but Covid has turned the world upside down in lots of ways.

“I was told I’d have to drive in a single hit – no hotel stops, pay-at-the-pump petrol stations – but playing at international level is something I’ve wanted to do since I was seven years old, so a 16-hour drive is nothing against being able to pull on an England shirt.”

Wane, who has lost St Helens forward Alex Walmsley from his squad due to injury, said: “I’ve known Sam a long time and he’s the perfect captain. He handles himself well, he’s a very skilful player, plays a key part in games and offers real quality from fullback.”

The game, which kicks-off at 8.15pm, forms part of a double-header with the England versus Wales women’s international at 6pm.

Tickets are from £20 (adults) and £10 (under 16s) at eticketing.co.uk/rugbyleague.

https://www.totalrl.com/sams-the-man-as ... d-skipper/
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good choice making Sam captain.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Congrats Sam.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro