The Challenge Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jaws1

Re: The Challenge Cup Final

Post by jaws1 »

Thought the ball hit the touchline when it was hit down.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:50 pm Thought the ball hit the touchline when it was hit down.
Me too
moto748

Post by moto748 »

No. And the VR didn't either, you can hear him say. there's green between the ball and the line.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought the ref had a pretty good game. If more calls went Saints' way, that's probably because Cas tired badly towards the end.
Lumbernator

Post by Lumbernator »

It's nice watching saints win each year, I'm sick off the one trophy every two years and that's when where good apparently. Let's get stuck into these mugs
saint

Post by saint »

As usual , some honest appraisals of the game . I thought we were the better team over the 80mins . Robys try for me was a knock on from Percival and Graces’ involvement was fine . All in all it was nice for once to be entertained while watching RL . I was dreading this game prior as we are intent on slug fests.

We are more than beatable and the difference was fitness yesterday. Had it been Wigan ( full team ) , Warrington or Catalan yesterday I’m not confident we would have won .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

saint wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 pm As usual , some honest appraisals of the game . I thought we were the better team over the 80mins . Robys try for me was a knock on from Percival and Graces’ involvement was fine . All in all it was nice for once to be entertained while watching RL . I was dreading this game prior as we are intent on slug fests.

We are more than beatable and the difference was fitness yesterday. Had it been Wigan ( full team ) , Warrington or Catalan yesterday I’m not confident we would have won .
Very honest……… respect pal
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:22 pm
saint wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 pm As usual , some honest appraisals of the game . I thought we were the better team over the 80mins . Robys try for me was a knock on from Percival and Graces’ involvement was fine . All in all it was nice for once to be entertained while watching RL . I was dreading this game prior as we are intent on slug fests.

Very honest……… respect pal
+1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

boggart

Couldn't 'Abide......'

Post by boggart »

Apologies in advance if I'm breaking breaks any rules, guidelines or protocols, but, I have to share this.

Frankly, the person chosen to lead the singing was truly rubbish.

Basically, eventhough they very obviously thought they could, they actually could not sing. Their range wasn't enough for the songs and they were even out of tune couple of times.

Our yearly great occasion and Rugby League's 'window to the World' deserves much better than this. I believe they won a BAFTA, I trust it wasn't for singing. I also hope they weren't expensive, we have a World Cup to pay for later in the year.

If this was an attempt to appeal to a certain market, and to popularise our sport, fine, but please have some consideration for the ears of the rest of us as well.