The Challenge Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
widdenoldboy

Re: The Challenge Cup Final

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:00 am Well I like rugby league, that's why I'm here.
Nice one!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Nice bit of play acting there from Makinson, ilif they are so intent on making contact to the head a no no, they also need to look at the player faking it to waste time.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And Amor seals it
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Didn’t see the full game, but from the bits I did, the ref was awful. Every 50/50 went to the scum.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:58 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:37 pm This what I’ve just read in the rules:
Jumping player knocks ball back The ball is in touch if a player jumps from touch and while off the ground touches the ball. The ball is not in touch if during flight it crosses the touch line but is knocked back by a player who is off the ground after jumping from the field of play.
He wasn’t in touch when he touched the ball though his right foot(and I’m quoting Kendal here is in the field of play) which it is as he touches the ball,all down to interpretation I suppose.
Doesn’t matter if it was the tip of his toe on the line it’s classed as out of touch. His foot was on the line so he jumped for the ball so he’s classed of being out of play.
Guess it must be different for saints…
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I assumed the VR judged that he *did* jump from the field of play, but I didn't think he did.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:21 pm I assumed the VR judged that he *did* jump from the field of play, but I didn't think he did.
That’s what he did,his foot was out of play but didn’t touch the ball until he leapt with his foot that was on the field of play he didn’t touch the bal at all while his foot was out over the line,I must admit I always thought that that was play on in such circumstances as did Kendal in this case.

Grand scheme of things it made not one iota of difference Cas simply weren’t in the game in that second half I’d be very unwilling to bet against Saints doing the treble frankly even with Catalan in such good form
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:40 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:21 pm I assumed the VR judged that he *did* jump from the field of play, but I didn't think he did.
That’s what he did,his foot was out of play but didn’t touch the ball until he leapt with his foot that was on the field of play he didn’t touch the bal at all while his foot was out over the line,I must admit I always thought that that was play on in such circumstances as did Kendal in this case.

Grand scheme of things it made not one iota of difference Cas simply weren’t in the game in that second half I’d be very unwilling to bet against Saints doing the treble frankly even with Catalan in such good form
The officials got it wrong but the best team won.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That’s what he did,his foot was out of play but didn’t touch the ball until he leapt with his foot that was on the field of play he didn’t touch the ball at all while his foot was out over the line,

But I don't think that matters. My understanding was that if you jump from outside the field of play and touch the ball, regardless of whether the ball, or your feet, are in the field of play at the point of any second touch, the ball is considered to be carried out. Surely we quite often see this when defenders are attempting to save 40/20s.

That's why I said, the VR must have thought he didn't jump from outside the field of play. If my understanding of the law is correct. If I'm wrong, well, I don't know... :)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:56 pm
That’s what he did,his foot was out of play but didn’t touch the ball until he leapt with his foot that was on the field of play he didn’t touch the ball at all while his foot was out over the line,

But I don't think that matters. My understanding was that if you jump from outside the field of play and touch the ball, regardless of whether the ball, or your feet, are in the field of play at the point of any second touch, the ball is considered to be carried out. Surely we quite often see this when defenders are attempting to save 40/20s.

That's why I said, the VR must have thought he didn't jump from outside the field of play. If my understanding of the law is correct. If I'm wrong, well, I don't know... :)
Lol they dont half make it hard for fans and themselves referees don’t they?

I thought Kendal got it right but if he was confident of that call going back to Liam Moore then why keep going backwards and forwards on the recording so even I am less convinced by the call now.

But that said Saints rolled Cas over easily frankly in the end