The Challenge Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

The Challenge Cup Final

Post by moto748 »

Time was, and I expect I speak for a few here, when I used to go to the Challenge Cup Final every year, regardless of who was playing. Not any more. Although I'd never say never.

But anyway, I guess we should have a thread.
Charriots Offiah

Re: The Challenge Cup Final

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I far sooner we didn’t as I don’t like either side.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well I like rugby league, that's why I'm here.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:12 am Time was, and I expect I speak for a few here, when I used to go to the Challenge Cup Final every year, regardless of who was playing. Not any more. Although I'd never say never.

But anyway, I guess we should have a thread.
Same here. It was almost an annual pilgrimage for my family, before, during and after our winning streak. Just not interested to the same degree any more.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Me too, & Grand Finals.

The last time I went to a Challenge Cup when we weren’t playing was when Catalan beat us at Halliwell Jones said it was the last time after the final v St Helens. We all had either Catalan shirts on or other French themed outfits,

The last GF was 2001 when Bradford beat us 37 - 6. I remember going to the coaches that were parked on the gravel/dirt car park & we had to walk past the south stand, they hadn’t told us the coaches wouldn’t be parking in the usual places at the front of the ground.

Latics were playing & the abuse, spitting, throwing drinks at us was just disgusting!

Said I wouldn’t go again unless we were playing & I wouldn’t go to that game again on a coach!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Don’t like either team but will be hoping for a Cas win. Nice excuse for a beer garden with TV this afternoon.
As a softener if Stains win I’ve got Regan Grace at 18/1 for Lance Todd. Nice big pitch and a dry day could see a few tries for him.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ive not had the wembley buzz since the old wembley
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I think saints will tear them apart.
Cas have never been a big game team
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

With luck Cas will win the game needs new names on trophies
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

So Jamie Peacocks haul of 13 trophies will never be beaten, Wait a minute, what about Edwards Haul of 37?, That's right I forgot RL didn't exist before 1996.

Come on Classy Cas hammer the smellies and give the game the shot in the arm it needs