Super League stars join new video messaging site

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Super League stars join new video messaging site

Post by josie andrews »

Imagine receiving a birthday message from your favourite rugby league star?

Or going for a job interview with a good luck message – and motivational tips – from your Wigan legend?

A fast-growing company is giving sports fans “unprecedented personalised access” to their heroes – and some of Super League’s biggest names are getting on board.

Swysh, which was set-up in Australia, allows supporters to pay for personalised videos from their favourite players.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... te-3312380
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Super League stars join new video messaging site

Post by DaveO »

Won't such payments to players count on the salary cap here?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:14 pm Won't such payments to players count on the salary cap here?
Good point Dave!

I wouldn’t pay for one anyway! If a player can’t wish one of their fans a Happy Birthday, it takes all of 5 seconds if that, without asking for a fee, it’s a bit much IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:33 pm
DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:14 pm Won't such payments to players count on the salary cap here?
Good point Dave!

I wouldn’t pay for one anyway! If a player can’t wish one of their fans a Happy Birthday, it takes all of 5 seconds if that, without asking for a fee, it’s a bit much IMO
I get it in the NRL where they are superstars but SL?

The idea is solid, but I dont think the sport is high profile enough in the UK and as mentioned above, how does it effect the cap.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

My own take on those sort of sites is it all seems a little desperate on both parties as for the cap I can’t see this taking off in any great numbers tbh