Martin Gleeson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Martin Gleeson

Post by ian.birchall »

I saw in the Telegraph that New Zealander John Mitchell is leaving the coaching team of England EU going to Wasps but will not leave until the RFU secure the release from Wasps of Martin Gleeson who is the man wanted by England as attack coach.
This got me wondering what all the international RU sides would do without all these ex rugby league stars from Wigan???
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Graham1

Re: Martin Gleeson

Post by Graham1 »

We could do with him at Wigan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am I saw in the Telegraph that New Zealander John Mitchell is leaving the coaching team of England EU going to Wasps but will not leave until the RFU secure the release from Wasps of Martin Gleeson who is the man wanted by England as attack coach.
This got me wondering what all the international RU sides would do without all these ex rugby league stars from Wigan???
The influx of RL stars to the coaching side has made it far more watchable dare I say it at times,certainly in the International game it’s almost RL like at times.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm always mystified why they want coaches from league, cos union fans are always telling me how tactically complex and subtle their game is. With league being such a simplistic sport, an all.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am
ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am I saw in the Telegraph that New Zealander John Mitchell is leaving the coaching team of England EU going to Wasps but will not leave until the RFU secure the release from Wasps of Martin Gleeson who is the man wanted by England as attack coach.
The influx of RL stars to the coaching side has made it far more watchable dare I say it at times,certainly in the International game it’s almost RL like at times.
Did you watch the Lions v the Saffies, fozzie?

it wasn't much like league. More's the pity.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am
Did you watch the Lions v the Saffies, fozzie?

it wasn't much like league. More's the pity.
I tried I really did..

The six nations is much better to me at least to the point ive looked at buying Scotland tickets and making a weekend of it still not grasped the nettle yet, it has improved certainly not to the point where it would take over as my sport of choice..but it is improving..baby steps and all of that and the more they cherry pick the coaching staff from league the more it'll rub off on them, if of course they clever enough to realise that.