Coronavirus: NRL postpones Saturday's matches with Queensland beginning three-day lockdown

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Coronavirus: NRL postpones Saturday's matches with Queensland beginning three-day lockdown

Post by josie andrews »

Three NRL games - the Rabbitohs against the Dragons, the Knights versus the Raiders and the Storm against the Panthers - due to be held on Saturday have all been called off after Queensland goes into three-day lockdown

Australia's NRL postponed Saturday's matches after the state of Queensland announced a three-day lockdown because of coronavirus.

Three round 20 games - the Rabbitohs against the Dragons, the Knights versus the Raiders and the Storm against the Panthers - have all been called off.

The NRL said discussions would continue with the Queensland Government to possibly play Sunday's two scheduled matches.

"The NRL respects the decision of the Queensland government to keep the community safe and healthy following local transmission of COVID-19 in southeast Queensland," the NRL added in a statement.

The lockdown was brought in after six new community-acquired cases of COVID-19 were confirmed by Queensland's chief health officer.

All clubs have been advised to inform their players to return to team hotels and remain there until further notice.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... y-lockdown
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Coronavirus: NRL postpones Saturday's matches with Queensland beginning three-day lockdown

Post by Caboosegg »

Better cancel the league, player safety and all that being the NRL top priority
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Coronavirus: NRL postpones Saturday's matches with Queensland beginning three-day lockdown

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Grief! Queensland have 6 cases and its lockdown. We have over 26,000 and its business as Covid usual.
No wonder they don't want their players to come here.
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

I have to say that it's completely insane the way the government over here have gone about things, ok, yes the virus hasn't taken over but my word these 3 day lockdowns are crazy, the last 3 dayer was for 2 cases, we live in Caboolture which as the crow flies is 10,219 miles from Kitt Green and smack bang at the start of the sunny coast so we live literally in the middle of all this and the people I know and neighbours all agree that there's no need but it works. In Sydney they have the police out in helicopters telling people not to leave their houses now don't get me wrong Sydney are unlucky at the moment but it's nowt compared to other places in the world and you'd think the world was ending down there the way their carrying on. But what I will say is that this just proves how secular the ARL commision want to be as they are playing the matches today and tomorrow but junior rugby (footy over here) has been cancelled but yet the players were out and about from last Wednesday as they had done their isolation but the young un's can't, it's nowt but money with the ARL, there's nowt to be made from the world cup so they aren't playing.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007