TV referrals.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

TV referrals.

Post by ian.birchall »

Not strictly RL so apologies but having watched last night's Lions v SA I promise never to complain again about the number and length of referrals to the TV ref.
The first half lasted 62 minutes and I know it is ra-ra rugby but an 80 minute game with a 15 minute half time lasted 135 minutes!
Quantity at least if not quality.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the pieman

Re: TV referrals.

Post by the pieman »

i've seen something on twitter about it this morning with lots threatenting never to watch the game again

i think the majority are blaming the SA coach cos he complained about the ref the week before

either way, this debate from our perspective goes round in circles. the majority dont like RU as we find it boring, but you cant knock them at international level as they have it sorted.
Its just a pity that we cant get the same national or international coverage for RL and have an international calendar that isnt dictated by a self centred country
moto748

Re: TV referrals.

Post by moto748 »

And yet they called it 'compelling'. It wasn't, it was rubbish, SA certainly had forward dominance, but skill levels weren't great from either side.

But it always makes me laugh the way commentators go absolutely ape about any try from a kick, it is the most brilliant wonderful score ever, apparently. I think the concept of a half who can kick accurately under pressure is unknown to them. It certainly seems so.