Leeds v Wire commentary! Plus game

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Leeds v Wire commentary! Plus game

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:25 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:43 am OLEDZKI DISAPPOINTED BY RACIST REMARK

Leeds Rhinos star Mikołaj Oledzki said he was disappointed to hear racist comments from a fan during Sunday’s clash with Warrington Wolves and says he is happy to leave the investigation to the RFL as part of the Tackle It programme.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/video/oledz ... ist-abuse/

Leeds star slams racist remark from fan

Leeds’ Mikolaj Oledzki was “disappointed” and “shocked” to hear an alleged racist remark come from the stands as the Rhinos went down 27-26 to Warrington last night.

The Polish-born prop has become one of the outstanding forwards in Super League, but, even after such an allegation, remained calm and collected.

“Rugby league is a tough enough sport as it is, I’m just really disappointed because we stand so strongly against racism and discrimination,” Oledzki said.

As a player we all expect to get a bit of abuse but there is no need for racism and anything like that.”

Oledzki went on to state that he didn’t want children to hear such a remark.

“Hopefully, we’re going to leave it to the RFL to review it and see if anything will get done or can be done.

“I’m just disappointed, there are kids in the stand too and what was said to me was quite loud

“To be honest, I was shocked myself because I’ve never really experienced it, but it’s not something you’d want your kids to hear.

“Everyone makes mistakes and reacts withe emotion sometimes, I’m not saying anyone is a bad person, but I just want people to think about what they say before they say it.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leeds-st ... fan-41644/

Just shows what lunatics are attending games pretending to be fans 🤬
No its just a sign of what has happening everywhere.

The other week when we played Huddersfield some guy shouted stand up when the players took the knee.
No it's not, it is a minority.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:06 am
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:25 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:43 am OLEDZKI DISAPPOINTED BY RACIST REMARK

Leeds Rhinos star Mikołaj Oledzki said he was disappointed to hear racist comments from a fan during Sunday’s clash with Warrington Wolves and says he is happy to leave the investigation to the RFL as part of the Tackle It programme.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/video/oledz ... ist-abuse/

Leeds star slams racist remark from fan

Leeds’ Mikolaj Oledzki was “disappointed” and “shocked” to hear an alleged racist remark come from the stands as the Rhinos went down 27-26 to Warrington last night.

The Polish-born prop has become one of the outstanding forwards in Super League, but, even after such an allegation, remained calm and collected.

“Rugby league is a tough enough sport as it is, I’m just really disappointed because we stand so strongly against racism and discrimination,” Oledzki said.

As a player we all expect to get a bit of abuse but there is no need for racism and anything like that.”

Oledzki went on to state that he didn’t want children to hear such a remark.

“Hopefully, we’re going to leave it to the RFL to review it and see if anything will get done or can be done.

“I’m just disappointed, there are kids in the stand too and what was said to me was quite loud

“To be honest, I was shocked myself because I’ve never really experienced it, but it’s not something you’d want your kids to hear.

“Everyone makes mistakes and reacts withe emotion sometimes, I’m not saying anyone is a bad person, but I just want people to think about what they say before they say it.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leeds-st ... fan-41644/

Just shows what lunatics are attending games pretending to be fans 🤬
No its just a sign of what has happening everywhere.

The other week when we played Huddersfield some guy shouted stand up when the players took the knee.
No it's not, it is a minority.
There was also booing in the next block to me on the Friday we played them at home by some great fat rednecked barsteward who got a mouthful off me!

Yes majority think ‘taking the knee’ has run its course but if the players are doing it, they’re still trying to send a message to the fans. So for the sake of 13 seconds let them be!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington were narrow 27-26 winners over Leeds last night, but one moment in particular had social media talking.

It was, of course, the decision by video referee Robert Hicks to award a try to Josh Charnley, despite there being no evidence that the ball had touched the ground. But, just how did social media react?

Here is the footage of the ‘try’:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsRL/status/ ... 82819?s=20

Most couldn’t believe what they had just seen, with former Super League prop Eorl Crabtree amongst them.

Another neutral wanted the on-field referee’s call to be scrapped.

Another called for more accountability from the video referee.

One person called it a “clanger”.

Huddersfield Giants forward Chris McQueen brought out the funny stats.

According to Google there’s currently 7,874,965,825 people on Earth right now, and 7,874,965,824 would watch this and see it’s clearly not a try🤯🤯🤯

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/one-of-t ... gby-41641/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Think a lot of people are under the impression that taking the knee is a political thing for Black Lives Matter .The players dont have to take the knee just hand on heart would suffice I have seen black players not taking the knee just hand on heart.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve said from the moment we copied the NRL, again, & brought in this rule, try/no try, that it was a crazy decision!

VR’s should only be used if there is an infringement in play. The referee needs to have the guts to have to confidence in his own on field decisions!

People can more often than not accept errors but not when technology is being abused!
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am I’ve said from the moment we copied the NRL, again, & brought in this rule, try/no try, that it was a crazy decision!

VR’s should only be used if there is an infringement in play. The referee needs to have the guts to have to confidence in his own on field decisions!

People can more often than not accept errors but not when technology is being abused!
In which case it would have been awarded. Either use the technology to review every try or none at all.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:39 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am I’ve said from the moment we copied the NRL, again, & brought in this rule, try/no try, that it was a crazy decision!

In which case it would have been awarded. Either use the technology to review every try or none at all.
Yes, fair enough, but when you use the VR & 95% of the time he doesn’t overrule what the ref has said on the pitch, so what’s the point of it!?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am Think a lot of people are under the impression that taking the knee is a political thing for Black Lives Matter .The players dont have to take the knee just hand on heart would suffice I have seen black players not taking the knee just hand on heart.
It's stance against Racism and if a player wants to do it until Racism is wiped out then good on them. If it annoys people because they want to forget about the issue even better as atleast its on your mind (not aimed at anyone in particular)

It may be a minority at games causing issues but it's not a minority in general but that can't be discussed as it falls under politics :)

Imagine the uproar if people where kicking off at player making the joining jack sign?

It's a minute at the start of a game an anyone booing it should leave (in my opinion)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:01 pm
jaws1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am Think a lot of people are under the impression that taking the knee is a political thing for Black Lives Matter .The players dont have to take the knee just hand on heart would suffice I have seen black players not taking the knee just hand on heart.
It's stance against Racism and if a player wants to do it until Racism is wiped out then good on them. If it annoys people because they want to forget about the issue even better as atleast its on your mind (not aimed at anyone in particular)

It may be a minority at games causing issues but it's not a minority in general but that can't be discussed as it falls under politics :)

Imagine the uproar if people where kicking off at player making the joining jack sign?

It's a minute at the start of a game an anyone booing it should leave (in my opinion)
I agree
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:39 pm

Yes, fair enough, but when you use the VR & 95% of the time he doesn’t overrule what the ref has said on the pitch, so what’s the point of it!?
There is none.