Disciplinary round-up: Wigan man receives hefty punishment for punching as EIGHT others face bans

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Southern Softy

Disciplinary

Post by Southern Softy »

Singleton and Partington both C grade for punching and/or running in and punching.

At least 3 match bans, I assume.

Cautions for Byrne and Isa but hopefully no bans
josie andrews

Disciplinary round-up: Wigan man receives hefty punishment for punching as EIGHT others face bans

Post by josie andrews »

Following the latest round of Betfred Super League fixtures, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:

Jordan Johnstone (Hull FC) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Jack Hughes (Warrington) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Daryl Clark (Warrington) – Grade B Tripping – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Luke Gale (Leeds) – Grade B Contact with the Referee – 2 Match Penalty Notice

Sam Hall (Castleford) – Grade B Dangerous Throw – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Jack Ashworth (Leigh) – Grade C Punching – 2 Match Penalty Notice

Brad Singleton (Wigan) – Grade C Punching – 3 Match Penalty Notice

Oliver Partington (Wigan) – Grade C Punching – 2 Match Penalty Notice

Rob Butler (Leigh) – Grade C Punching – 2 Match Penalty Notice

The following players were handed cautions:

Matt Prior (Leeds) – Dangerous Contact

Willie Isa (Wigan) – Raising Knee in the Tackle

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/discipli ... ans-41696/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Disciplinary round-up: Wigan man receives hefty punishment for punching as EIGHT others face bans

Post by Firestarter »

Did partington throw a punch?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Re: Disciplinary round-up: Wigan man receives hefty punishment for punching as EIGHT others face bans

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm Did partington throw a punch?
about 4
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

How is the leigh player only up for a 2 match... him and singleton both connected a few times.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:04 pm How is the leigh player only up for a 2 match... him and singleton both connected a few times.
singleton started to throw them and started it all, about right for me
Graham1

Disciplinary

Post by Graham1 »

Singleton banned 3 matches and Partington 2 matches, Ashworth gets 2 and Butler 2. Just when we try to get a full squad together we get 2 banned, Discipline this year has been a problem. Need to get it sorted if we want to make the play offs.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:07 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:04 pm How is the leigh player only up for a 2 match... him and singleton both connected a few times.
singleton started to throw them and started it all, about right for me
Singleton reacted to something in the tackle, I'm not saying he isn't at fault but how Ashworth is facing the same ban as Partington I don't know.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Great grandad Harry ball

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Graham1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:09 pm Singleton banned 3 matches and Partington 2 matches, Ashworth gets 2 and Butler 2. Just when we try to get a full squad together we get 2 banned, Discipline this year has been a problem. Need to get it sorted if we want to make the play offs.
Agree. Can't really see why there is a difference between Singleton & Ashworth though. 8 citings for Wigan players v Leigh, we must surely be top of the league for citings, unless its worked out on percentages........ Willie Isa leads the way with 4 and gets a caution for 1!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Partington punched butler a few times because. The coward ran round back of fighting pack and kept punching partington on top of head about 4 times. He only got 2 games for continually punching someone in the head. Rfl disciplinary run by incompetent out dated clowns and rotten to the core.