Derek Beaumont calls for serious rule changes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Derek Beaumont calls for serious rule changes

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh Centurions owner Derek Beaumont never pulls his punches and he recently told BBC Radio Manchester about how rugby league needs changes to the rules.

Beaumont’s side Leigh won their first Super League of the season at the weekend, triumphing 32-22 over rivals Salford Red Devils, but the outspoken chairman is keen to see something happen to the sport – and quickly.

There needs to be some changes with the rules,” Beaumont said.

“We need to stop micro-analysing games and then getting players pulled in afterwards on what someone has looked at on a video which wasn’t seen on the field of play.

It makes players frightened of playing and doing things.”

Meanwhile, Beaumont could be set for a fruitful partnership with former Salford owner Dr Marwan Koukash after the latter said he was keen to return to Super League, with Leigh a possible destination

Will Derek have me? If Derek will have me, then it’s very, very likely. Nine out of 10,” Koukash told BBC Radio Manchester.

“The game is fantastic, I enjoyed my involvement in rugby league. I’ve not always made the right decisions and that’s due to my inexperience.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/derek-be ... ges-42386/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan