Konrad Hurrell makes decision on playing future beyond this season

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Konrad Hurrell makes decision on playing future beyond this season

Post by josie andrews »

The Tongan powerhouse has made a call on who he will be playing for in 2022

St Helens have won the race to land Konrad Hurrell's signature in 2022.

Rugby League Live understands that the centre will head to the Totally Wicked Stadium next year after verbally agreeing to sign for the reigning Super League champions in a move that will see Hurrell link up with his international coach at Tonga, current Saints boss Kristian Woolf.

Leeds had made Hurrell an offer, believed to be on reduced terms to his current contract with the club, to stay next season. But Hurrell has instead opted for a multi-year deal with the Saints, which creates an interesting situation recruitment-wise for the Rhinos going into 2022.

Rhinos coach Richard Agar said on Tuesday that he expected a decision on Hurrell's future to be confirmed 'pretty shortly', but stressed the player had not told the Rhinos whether or not he was intending to leave at the end of the season as of yet.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Re: Konrad Hurrell makes decision on playing future beyond this season

Post by jaws1 »

They will have to improve on his defense he is awful .
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i don't think his injury record has been too great either, so surprised he hasn't signed for us :) :)

looks like Woolf is trying to sign the Tonga national side

as long as he doesn't sign Taumalolo (sp) but i would love to see him over here :)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Funnily enough I think Wolfe will get the beat out of him tbh,if he can keep him fairly injury free (what has been going on at Leeds recently they barely seem to be able to put a side out)I do feel he will be a solid signing for them.