Two Super League bosses ‘options’ for NRL club

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Two Super League bosses ‘options’ for NRL club

Post by josie andrews »

Kristian Woolf and Steve McNamara are apparently on the radar for the new Wests Tigers job, according to The Age.

Former Wigan Warriors head coach Michael Maguire could soon be out of a job as Wests Tigers head coach following a dismal run of form which saw the NRL side finish 13th with just eight wins from 24 games.

The Tigers went down 38-0 to bottom side Canterbury Bulldogs at the weekend – the highest ever score conceded by any NRL side against the club at the bottom of the ladder.

That appears to have been the final nail in Maguire’s coffin at Wests, with the club missing out on a finals spot once more.

A list has reportedly been drawn up by Wests CEO Justin Pascoe about potential replacements with St Helens head coach Kristian Woolf and Catalans Dragons boss Steve McNamara amongst the names mentioned, The Age has reported.

Both have done wonderful jobs at their respective clubs with Woolf winning one Grand Final and one Challenge Cup with Saints so far and McNamara winning the Challenge Cup and League Leaders’ Shield with the French side.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/two-supe ... lub-42941/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Two Super League bosses ‘options’ for NRL club

Post by DaveO »

I think the Tigers would have to offer a small fortune for either coach to consider to consider leaving their respective sides which are both looking very good to go and coach the basket case that is the Tigers. It would be like them leaving their current jobs to take on Wigan..... :cry:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not that I think either would move at present but if it was one of I’d say Wolfe would be the more likely to go but like I say he seems very set at Saints.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:58 pm I think the Tigers would have to offer a small fortune for either coach to consider to consider leaving their respective sides which are both looking very good to go and coach the basket case that is the Tigers. It would be like them leaving their current jobs to take on Wigan..... :cry:
What are the odds homesickness virus hits when the job is offered.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Never rated McNamara at Bradford.

I actually thought he was like Gareth Southgate......shit at club level and more successful at international level. I thought Mac was good at England.

Personally, I'd stay put at Cats! Devolved well and brought success, why leave!