Jack Welsby

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Jack Welsby

Post by ddtftf »

Did you know that Jack Welsby came from Shevington Sharks team amazing we never have any scouts watching local games & also Tommy Makinson is a Wigan lad
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Jack Welsby

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:09 pm Did you know that Jack Welsby came from Shevington Sharks team amazing we never have any scouts watching local games & also Tommy Makinson is a Wigan lad
There is Wigan scouts at local games and away I see them at many games. Unfortunately at moment saints seem to be picking up some great young talent something not quite right at Wigan it seems
nathan_rugby

Jack Welsby

Post by nathan_rugby »

If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

20 years old and tears it up no matter what position he plays.

What a talent.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:09 pm Did you know that Jack Welsby came from Shevington Sharks team amazing we never have any scouts watching local games & also Tommy Makinson is a Wigan lad
Tommy Makinson wasn’t on the same level as a lot of players when he was an amateur at Hindley.

He only got signed up round about the time Sam Powell and Dom Crosby did. (Around 17/18 years old which is considered late).

He went on a Saints tour around Australia, something clicked and he just stepped it up to another level.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Welsby would not sign for Wigan the only place he wanted to go was Saints.
Charriots Offiah

I forgot to add we signed Halsall from Shevington.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:06 pm
Sorry not true he is a member of my specimen lake and we chat when he is here fishing said he never had an approach from Wigan
Charriots Offiah

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:06 pm
Sorry not true he is a member of my specimen lake and we chat when he is here fishing said he never had an approach from Wigan
I wasn’t saying he had an offer from Wigan, what I was trying to say was that he made it clear that the only team he wanted to play for was Saints.
pedro

Post by pedro »

all the best young players at U15's LMR this season have been signed by Wigan
Last edited by pedro on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:10 am If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

20 years old and tears it up no matter what position he plays.

What a talent.
Can’t disagree with that