Mike Cooper Red card

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Sutty

Mike Cooper Red card

Post by Sutty »

So, the two "pundits" McDermott and O'connor said, after Mike Coopers red card last night, that he was unlucky to get a red.

I'm trying my hardest to look at the incident objectively and I just can't work out why they say it was harsh. He (Cooper) went into the tackle with his right arm down by his side, making no attempt to wrap it around the Cas player. He's led with his shoulder and has made direct contact with the opposition players head, so much so that he injured his own team mate (Hill) in the process.

Unless the rules have changed, I can't see what argument or mitigation Cooper or Wire can offer. Seems like another example of poor punditry from two blokes who sound like they're sat in a pub, watching the game, while nursing half a mild 🙄

josie andrews

Re: Mike Cooper Red card

Post by josie andrews »

Sutty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am So, the two "pundits" McDermott and O'connor said, after Mike Coopers red card last night, that he was unlucky to get a red.

I'm trying my hardest to look at the incident objectively and I just can't work out why they say it was harsh. He (Cooper) went into the tackle with his right arm down by his side, making no attempt to wrap it around the Cas player. He's led with his shoulder and has made direct contact with the opposition players head, so much so that he injured his own team mate (Hill) in the process.

Unless the rules have changed, I can't see what argument or mitigation Cooper or Wire can offer. Seems like another example of poor punditry from two blokes who sound like they're sat in a pub, watching the game, while nursing half a mild 🙄
Been saying this for years!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is there a clip? Missed the match.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It was a red every day of the week. If Cooper was In the NRL his season would be over.
pedro

Post by pedro »

games gone soft, notice all the players getting straight up after the ref has given the penalty.....
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:01 pm games gone soft, notice all the players getting straight up after the ref has given the penalty.....
I don’t disagree with your general comment about the game being soft but you can’t attack the head and no matter how Wire view it Cooper hit him in the head with his shoulder. We have had bans this season for a lot less.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was interested to see what the reaction would be when I saw this thread, but I have to agree fully with the first poster. Shoulder contact direct with the head, and forcefully too, a red all day long for me.