Agar disappointed with short turnaround

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Agar disappointed with short turnaround

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds Rhinos Head Coach Richard Agar admitted he is “disappointed” with a six-day turn around heading into the play-offs.

The Rhinos finished the regular season with a convincing 36-12 home win over Hull KR to secure a consecutive fifth place finish.

This sees them travel to the DW stadium to face the Wigan Warriors next Thursday but the schedule has left the Leeds boss somewhat frustrated.

He said: “We have not looked beyond next week just yet. We have got tonight’s game out of the way.

“We have a six day turn around, which I think is disappointing. I think for play-off games, to have to turn around in six days, especially with the H.I.A rules, I think that is a bit disappointing.

“We won at Wigan not so long back but we know they are a tough team with good players and it will be a completely different style of play to the one we have played in here.”

However, Agar remained pleased with his side’s performance as they bounced back from their heavy defeat at St Helens to enter the play-offs on winning ways.

He added: “I was really pleased with our performance. Coming into the game, we were a little bit funny, preparing all week for a must win game, only to then find out it was not a must win game.

I think what Hull KR have done all season is be productive against teams and I thought for big chunks of the game, we handled that really well.

“I thought they came to play but I also felt they ran out of legs a little bit at times and I thought we unpicked them really well offensively, especially in the first half.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/agar-dis ... und-43277/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Re: Agar disappointed with short turnaround

Post by AndyNick »

He's got a point, Yet to speak to a fan who is a fan of playing on a Thursday night but thats where we are. At least on this occasion the turnaround time is exactly the same for both sides so whilst its not ideal at least its fair.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AndyNick wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:51 am He's got a point, Yet to speak to a fan who is a fan of playing on a Thursday night but thats where we are. At least on this occasion the turnaround time is exactly the same for both sides so whilst its not ideal at least its fair.
I thought exactly the same, that we too will have a short turnaround. So fair all round 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think hes hinting at ours being a nothing game and getting to rest a few stars
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 am
AndyNick wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:51 am He's got a point, Yet to speak to a fan who is a fan of playing on a Thursday night but thats where we are. At least on this occasion the turnaround time is exactly the same for both sides so whilst its not ideal at least its fair.
I thought exactly the same, that we too will have a short turnaround. So fair all round 😊
We’ve had a short turnaround all season unlike some!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:26 pm
Very true, very true. In fact unlike the majority of clubs this season 🤨
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:41 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:26 pm

Very true, very true. In fact unlike the majority of clubs this season 🤨
More than any over the campaign 😡