Wakefield Trinity close the door on Jacob Miller's links to Wigan Warriors

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Wakefield Trinity close the door on Jacob Miller's links to Wigan Warriors

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After the Leeds defeat Miller will probably buy his chairman a drink to thank him for stopping the Wigan move!
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Thought Dan said we just need to (TRIGGER) it and Miller is ours or has the tea lady been telling him porkies again ala George Williams
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

up the junction wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 pm Thought Dan said we just need to (TRIGGER) it and Miller is ours or has the tea lady been telling him porkies again ala George Williams
What porkies did he say?

More or less all stacked up didn’t it?

Last thing I remember him saying was “it would take a huge deal for him to turn down the contract” and Warrington go and trump Wigan’s biggest ever deal.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
up the junction

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 pm
up the junction wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 pm Thought Dan said we just need to (TRIGGER) it and Miller is ours or has the tea lady been telling him porkies again ala George Williams
What porkies did he say?

Last thing I remember him saying was “it would take a huge deal for him to turn down the contract” and Warrington go and trump Wigan’s biggest ever deal.
I said someone’s telling him porkies and no it didn’t nearly stack up , George was never coming back to Wigan Fact. The only conversation that was had was Lenigan threatening legal action if he didn’t sign .
Again because of a verbal contract .
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

up the junction wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 am
What porkies did he say?

I said someone’s telling him porkies and no it didn’t nearly stack up , George was never coming back to Wigan Fact. The only conversation that was had was Lenigan threatening legal action if he didn’t sign .
Let me get this straight. You're saying that no contract was ever offered by Wigan and IL outright lied in the fans forum in public.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Mike wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:15 am

What porkies did he say?

Let me get this straight. You're saying that no contract was ever offered by Wigan and IL outright lied in the fans forum in public.

As if IL would ever give us a load of BS and try to mislead the fans :lol:
up the junction

What porkies did he say?

I said it was a verbal contract ,of course it was offered just wasn’t accepted by George Williams ., nothing to do with the Warrington counter offer , he was never going to resign for Wigan no matter what the offer .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

up the junction wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:49 pm
I said it was a verbal contract ,of course it was offered just wasn’t accepted by George Williams ., nothing to do with the Warrington counter offer , he was never going to resign for Wigan no matter what the offer .
Was it Verbal, from the fans forum notes they said they could have taken legal action bit when a player doesn't want to play for the team it's pointless.

I know you can take legal action with verbal contracts but I would imagine they had more than just a verbal agreement if legal action was a possibility.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

up the junction wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:49 pm
You said the only conversation they had was with regard to legal action. So I assumed you meant they hadn't communicated a contract offer. Just misinterpreted your post
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
up the junction

No problem at all Mike , I’m just relaying what I’m told from those closest to him , which I take as fact not here say .