Safe standing on the way to Wigan Athletic's DW Stadium?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Safe standing on the way to Wigan Athletic's DW Stadium?

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Athletic would be open to introducing safe standing at the DW Stadium, with clubs in the Premier League and Championship able to offer licensed standing areas from January 1 next year as part of a pilot programme.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/footba ... um-3392313
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: Safe standing on the way to Wigan Athletic's DW Stadium?

Post by moto748 »

So does the Superleague have a policy on SS, and does anyone know what it is?
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 pm So does the Superleague have a policy on SS, and does anyone know what it is?
Never bothered with Wakey so why would they bother now?
Back by demand.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm Wigan Athletic would be open to introducing safe standing at the DW Stadium, with clubs in the Premier League and Championship able to offer licensed standing areas from January 1 next year as part of a pilot programme.

am i missing something. last i heard they were in a league or 2 below the top levels of the game?

on a serious note though, would be good to have it at Wigan as i personally am not a fan of all seater stadiums, and should add to the atmosphere if done well. My season ticket is around the 1/2 way line in the East and there is no way i can stand up at present
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

the pieman wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:58 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm Wigan Athletic would be open to introducing safe standing at the DW Stadium, with clubs in the Premier League and Championship able to offer licensed standing areas from January 1 next year as part of a pilot programme.

am i missing something. last i heard they were in a league or 2 below the top levels of the game?

on a serious note though, would be good to have it at Wigan as i personally am not a fan of all seater stadiums, and should add to the atmosphere if done well. My season ticket is around the 1/2 way line in the East and there is no way i can stand up at present
I guess it wouldn't restrict Latics from being in those divisions if they got promoted. They wouldn't want to make staduim changes that they would have to undo if things went well I suppose.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐