George Williams

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: George Williams

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:33 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 pm
acwrlfc wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 pm I think i am one of the few who didnt want him to return to Wigan.

Goes missing in the big games.

One trick pony and a flat track bully,

Hes at the right club.
Williams is a flat track bully?

What on earth are you talking about.

You either don’t watch rugby or you watch it but don’t really know what’s going on.
I think he makes a fair point, certainly from his time here. What big knock out games can you recall Williams dominating for us and coming up with big moments? I always felt he went missing somewhat in the biggest games.

Good player but not a great one for my money, simply because there’s a couple of glaring weaknesses and because he never really put a stamp on a big semi or final.
Agreed,good player but not a great one he may well kick on at Warrington who knows but not worth the sort of money they seem to have splashed out by wire
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Pretty much anonymous tonight, shows the importance of go forward.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Sezer is the kind of half we needed.
Williams is a good player but not worth marquee money.
I’m not a fan of bringing former players back as past experiences have proved they don’t seem the same player but I would of had Williams back as I thought at the time he was the best half available
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am Sezer is the kind of half we needed.
I’m not a fan of bringing former players back as past experiences have proved they don’t seem the same player but I would of had Williams back as I thought at the time he was the best half available
I cannot believe we didn’t get Sezer and Chris Hill.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:31 am
Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am Sezer is the kind of half we needed.
I cannot believe we didn’t get Sezer and Chris Hill.
That we didn’t even seem to be in for either player is more worrying reels of lack of ambition by Wigan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Think Chris hill is abit past it now myself. Bit of a penalty machine as well, and we’ve got enough of them
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:37 am Think Chris hill is abit past it now myself. Bit of a penalty machine as well, and we’ve got enough of them
He’s been bang back in form this season once he got rid of the captaincy for a year or two he would have been a decent signing for my money given the inexperience tge props have age wise,but all by the by now
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Exactly the kind of big go forward prop we need.