Warrington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
blindsideprop

Re: Warrington

Post by blindsideprop »

It is a sad state of affairs when all we can take delight in celebrating is one of our rivals getting beat.We should at least be enjoying a win over an average Leeds side.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

George Williams said he joined Warrington to win trophies :lol: :lol: :lol: did he not read the history of Warrington 66 years no big trophy & by the way he was anonymous last night went missing as usual in big games catch and pass never takes the line on as good halfbacks do .

Not cocking your ear now to the Wigan fans ehhh mate he would be better modelling Toby Jugs :o :o
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:48 pm George Williams said he joined Warrington to win trophies :lol: :lol: :lol: did he not read the history of Warrington 66 years no big trophy & by the way he was anonymous last night went missing as usual in big games catch and pass never takes the line on as good halfbacks do .

Not cocking your ear now to the Wigan fans ehhh mate he would be better modelling Toby Jugs :o :o
He went down in my estimations when he did that to fans, like myself, who have paid his wages for years on end
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:00 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:48 pm George Williams said he joined Warrington to win trophies :lol: :lol: :lol: did he not read the history of Warrington 66 years no big trophy & by the way he was anonymous last night went missing as usual in big games catch and pass never takes the line on as good halfbacks do .

He went down in my estimations when he did that to fans, like myself, who have paid his wages for years on end
While it was a dickish move by Williams that day I always feel those sort of things even out in the grand scheme of things
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

I only watched the game this morning without previously knowing the score, boy did it cheer me up after being furious at the Wigan performance against a crap Leeds team on Thursday. I needed my spirits lifted, and that was just the ticket, I was particularly delighted that the money grabbing cardboard cut out that is George Williams had yet another ineffectual game, the sum total of his contribution was to kick the ball over the try line and hope for the best. Warrington always the bridesmaid never the bride, ah ah ah brilliant even with their elastic cap they cannot guarantee to buy success.
Thank you Mr Lenegan for not insisting Williams came back to Wigan.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

blindsideprop wrote:It is a sad state of affairs when all we can take delight in celebrating is one of our rivals getting beat.We should at least be enjoying a win over an average Leeds side.
You are right but because I was aware how long it’s been since Wire were champions I really didn’t want them to win it this year (pension age joke) especially after signing Williams. I am sure they thought it was their year.

They will be champions eventually and their fans will enjoy it all the more when they are but having a laugh at their expense despite our own woes never tires. Rivalry is part of sport isn’t it?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:11 am
blindsideprop wrote:It is a sad state of affairs when all we can take delight in celebrating is one of our rivals getting beat.We should at least be enjoying a win over an average Leeds side.
You are right but because I was aware how long it’s been since Wire were champions I really didn’t want them to win it this year (pension age joke) especially after signing Williams. I am sure they thought it was their year.

They will be champions eventually and their fans will enjoy it all the more when they are but having a laugh at their expense despite our own woes never tires. Rivalry is part of sport isn’t it?
Every other teams fans seem to take joy at Wigans current predicament, so it's only fair.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Having stood at the HJ listening to 80 minutes of their lot singing the highly original "Wigan get battered" song along with that other odd song about going to see the Pope (which I've never really understood) I'd be lying if I didn't say I enjoyed watching them lose this one. I wouldn't go as far as saying I celebrated them losing but let's just say some Wire supporting friends who've given me plenty this season got messages to tell them that it isn't their year!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I re-watched the extended highlights of the Eliminators on BBC last night (I'd already seen the KR game on Sky, and I went to the Leeds game). It's so much nicer to watch without the annoying Sky goons (not that I think the Beeb commentators are any great shakes). But what did strike me was, for all the talk about their attacking play, how well KR defended. We laugh at Warrington, but they did at times throw quite a lot at HKR, but they kept Ratchford and Williams and Mamo pretty quiet.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It was a good game KR are in fine form and for me,I’m going to say it,team of the year coaches by a bloke who’s clearly enjoying himself again with rugby to match,Warrington did try that’s for sure but honestly bested by a far better team