Storm vs Panthers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Storm vs Panthers

Post by nathan_rugby »

Great intensity so far

Commentary on point, not dwelling on minor points.

1 - mentioned Welch should have maybe gone off because of a head knock. Then left it and said it’s one to review in the off season not now.
Welch then goes off 8 minutes later and it gets brought up. Tallis just says “let’s enjoy the game and review in the off season”

2 - tackle from Welch on Cleary after he had kicked it. Just commented he was committed and no problem rather than keep going on about it.

3 - cleary put on report for a tackle, nothing actually wrong with it. Michael Ennis dismisses it straight away and says Cleary has nothing to worry about.

Quality commentary, such a stark difference to what we get. Commentary dwelling and focusing on incidents and looking for fault or favouritism
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Re: Storm vs Panthers

Post by Barney841 »

Never seen so many errors from the storm before but still what a game!
This is what rugby league is! The intensity and edge of your seat stuff.
Think the loss of two players for the storm didn’t help, they were running on empty in the last 20mins but still give it there all.
What defence from the panthers.
Look forward to the final next week
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am Never seen so many errors from the storm before but still what a game!
Think the loss of two players for the storm didn’t help, they were running on empty in the last 20mins but still give it there all.
Wasn’t the best quality but still a good game.

I don’t watch the NRL as much as I used to but are Hughes and Munster that good? Never been impressed when I’ve seen them.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:10 am
Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am Never seen so many errors from the storm before but still what a game!
Wasn’t the best quality but still a good game.

I don’t watch the NRL as much as I used to but are Hughes and Munster that good? Never been impressed when I’ve seen them.
Think nerves played there part in the game.
I watch most NRL and they are good Munster and Hughes but they were both quite quiet today.
I rate hughes higher than Munster, more of a game changer
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Smith was the big loss for the Storm, he is a terrific player. But I am made up with the result, just delighted Penrith are through. I didn't give them much chance pre-match, but what a defensive display.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:43 pm Smith was the big loss for the Storm, he is a terrific player. But I am made up with the result, just delighted Penrith are through. I didn't give them much chance pre-match, but what a defensive display.
Great game….. losing two players all game didnt help storm…… i still think they play better with heinz at fullback as papenhauzen hasnt been quite as good post injury
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE