Former Super League stalwart believes Benji Marshall is heading to the UK

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Former Super League stalwart believes Benji Marshall is heading to the UK

Post by josie andrews »

Former Super League forward Garreth Carvell believes veteran Benji Marshall will be heading to the UK’s top league after confessing he was not yet ready to retire.

Serious About Rugby League put a post online detailing Marshall’s comments that were said below:

“ I think I have done a really good job in the last couple of years just playing each game as if it is my last and then at the end of the season making a decision about what I want to do,” Marshall said.

“It is not going to be any different at the end of this year. Put it this way, the way my body feels right now I could play next year for sure if I wanted to.

I will weigh all those things up at the end of the season, probably give after this week a bit of time to sink in and then make a decision after that.

“For me, it is more about if you have still got the passion and the desire to play then why not.”

Carvell commented underneath: “Super League here he comes.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former-s ... -uk-43669/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Former Super League stalwart believes Benji Marshall is heading to the UK

Post by josie andrews »

OMG! I loved watching Benji play 🥰
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Outstanding player, he has had a fine season coming off the bench at the Bunnies.Even at 36 hes worth a season contract but Lenaghan wont pay enough for him so thats the end of that.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Who needs benji when we’ve got Tommy 🙈
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 am Outstanding player, he has had a fine season coming off the bench at the Bunnies.Even at 36 hes worth a season contract but Lenaghan wont pay enough for him so thats the end of that.
36 is to old and an amazing half in the nrl is a guarantee they will be good in SL, look at Widdop.

Marshall and Tommy now that would be a record breaking half pairing... because of the age.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:54 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 am Outstanding player, he has had a fine season coming off the bench at the Bunnies.Even at 36 hes worth a season contract but Lenaghan wont pay enough for him so thats the end of that.
36 is to old and an amazing half in the nrl is a guarantee they will be good in SL, look at Widdop.

Marshall and Tommy now that would be a record breaking half pairing... because of the age.
Widdop has been outstanding all year long hence why he’s in the running for man of steel,I’ll grant you Sam will win it at a canter but Widdop has been in fine form
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Marshall would be better than Smith if he was 46,and he will be playing in a GF in the NRL this week so someone with far more RL than you or i think he is still capable .
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Widdop has been outstanding all year long hence why he’s in the running for man of steel,I’ll grant you Sam will win it at a canter but Widdop has been in fine form
You are right, Widdop has been superb this season after a lean first one.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Marshall would be better than Smith if he was 46, and he will be playing in a GF in the NRL this week so someone with far more RL than you or I think he is still capable .
This, in spades.