Fiji international Joe Lovodua keen to grasp opportunity after joining Hull FC

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Fiji international Joe Lovodua keen to grasp opportunity after joining Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Lovodua becomes the Black and Whites' second signing for the 2022 Super League season

Hull FC have completed the signing of Joe Lovodua as their recruitment drive for the 2022 Super League season gathers pace.

Lovodua, who has won eight caps for Fiji in his career so far, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the Black and Whites to add versatility and depth to Brett Hodgson’s pack options.

The 23-year-old can play as a hooker or in the back-row as a second-rower or loose-forward and will look to arrive in East Yorkshire in the coming weeks.

Lovodua spent this season with South Sydney Rabbitohs and frequently appeared in the club’s New South Wales Cup side, which is a competition he is more than accustomed to, having spent three years playing in it for St George Illawarra Dragons previously.

He never made an NRL appearance during his time down under, but he boasts plenty of international experience and represented his birth nation at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

Nevertheless, he sees the switch to the Super League as a big opportunity to prove himself in a first grade environment.

“It'll be my first time heading over to England so I can't wait to get over there and crack on with pre-season

Having played most of my club career in the New South Wales Cup, I feel like this is a really big chance for myself to move my career forward and showcase what I am capable of.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan