cheating smellys

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Re: cheating smellys

Post by ian.birchall »

The worst decision to my mind was not giving Matatia at least a yellow card for that deliberate fist in the face in the tackle.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I thought Walmsley was well shackled by the Cats pack but the best tackle on him was by young and small Arthur Morgue, arms wrapped around the rampaging Walmsley and immediately felled instantly in an almighty thud.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:31 pm I thought Walmsley was well shackled by the Cats pack but the best tackle on him was by young and small Arthur Morgue, arms wrapped around the rampaging Walmsley and immediately felled instantly in an almighty thud.
I said last time we played saints Walmsley strength is that everyone seems scare to tackle him and he gets way to much space/defenders standing off.

As soon as he's targeted he is less effective and makes errors.

Still the best prop I'm SL though.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:23 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:31 pm I thought Walmsley was well shackled by the Cats pack but the best tackle on him was by young and small Arthur Morgue, arms wrapped around the rampaging Walmsley and immediately felled instantly in an almighty thud.
I said last time we played saints Walmsley strength is that everyone seems scare to tackle him and he gets way to much space/defenders standing off.

At times he looked like a lion across the senrengeti yesterday that Arthur Mourgue got him down is a rexjt to him,easily the best prop in SL as you say
jobo

Post by jobo »

It's how players are coached to tackle nowadays. First in, stop the player, second lock the ball, third bring him down, or something like that. Walmsley has tremendous upper body strength but thinish legs. First in against him should go for his legs.

I agree with you, he's the best rampaging prop in SL for sure, great defender also.
saint

Post by saint »

Bang on
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

There’s a good one playing for Toulouse today who is still SL standard - Casey. We should have signed him for 12 months.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:09 pm There’s a good one playing for Toulouse today who is still SL standard - Casey. We should have signed him for 12 months.
Herrison Hansen isn't too shabby either
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:47 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:09 pm There’s a good one playing for Toulouse today who is still SL standard - Casey. We should have signed him for 12 months.
Herrison Hansen isn't too shabby either
True. H made a mistake leaving Wigan. I should have said Casty.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can someone explain to me please about the rules? I feel I am getting hopelessly confused here. Do refs have the choice of giving six again or a penalty for inside the 10? I was under the impression I'd seen six again given for it all season, but in the GF there were penalties for that?