Salford RL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Salford RL

Post by josie andrews »

Same as Central Park! In someone’s back pocket!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Might be easier to get to? The last ground was awful for that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:06 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:41 pm Sale Sharks are about to buy the AJ Bell stadium going into partnership with FC United and kicking Salford off just been on Granada reports no link. Moor lane could be their new ground.
Is it not partnership with Salford City? Salford City moving from the peninsula to AJ Bell, Salford Red Devils moving to the Peninsula.

Im almost certain thats the case and FCUM not involved
Your right Dan Salford City is the team going into partnership with Sale .Salford cannot afford the rent this has been brought up before .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:31 am Might be easier to get to? The last ground was awful for that.
And awful to get off as well mike
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Was at the AJ Bell last night for Sale. Hard to believe but since the new road has gone in its even worse for parking and getting to than it used to be!
Salford will be well rid of the place, one of the worst designed stadiums in the country. There were people who joined a food queue before kick off that missed the first 20 minutes of the game. Given the crowds Salford pull in the Salford City ground will probably do them nicely. Better location in the city nearer their fan base and better access links as well
moto748

Post by moto748 »

People always complain about the access to the AJB, but you've have thought it would be OK, it's only a few hundred yards from the motorway, you can see it right there! But the couple of times I've been, I've gone on my bike, and it has been a breeze, And they let bikes park for free in the car park, which some don't. I can see that would be a bit more of a challenge in a car, though.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:36 am Same as Central Park! In someone’s back pocket!
David Bradshaw - who if I remember was the club's commercial manager at that time

Never had to work again (and seriously who would want him) after what happened
Back by demand.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Just under 6k space. It's a double edge sword really good enough for the current turn out and might help increase (better atmosphere.

What happens when/If Salford crow their crowd 6k doesn't allow for alot of growth.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 pm Just under 6k space. It's a double edge sword really good enough for the current turn out and might help increase (better atmosphere.

What happens when/If Salford crow their crowd 6k doesn't allow for alot of growth.
No problem there, then :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 pm Just under 6k space. It's a double edge sword really good enough for the current turn out and might help increase (better atmosphere.

They couldn’t grow and keep the crowd in the Watson years so 6 k will be plenty for a good while yet