SALFORD BOLSTER PACK WITH NRL FORWARD

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

SALFORD BOLSTER PACK WITH NRL FORWARD

Post by josie andrews »

Salford Red Devils are delighted to announce the signing of Australian second-rower Shane Wright on a two-year deal.

Wright arrives at the club from NRL outfit North Queensland Cowboys, where he has played for the last four years, and is an exciting addition to the squad for 2022 and onwards.

The 25-year-old, who has also had a spell on loan at Mackay Cutters during his time at the Cowboys, was named Cowboys’ Rookie of the Year in 2019 after an impressive season for the Queensland side.

In 2020, Wright was part of the North Queensland side that won the NRL Nines.

“It’s a new chapter in my rugby league career and I’m excited to come over here and get stuck in.

“I’m looking forward to improving my game and buying into the culture at the club,” Wright said.
Speaking on the acquisition of Wright, director of rugby and operations Ian Blease commented: “I’m delighted that we have landed Shane’s signature.

Shane is bringing with him four years of valuable NRL experience and after speaking with Shane and watching him as a consistent performer at the Cowboys last season, he is coming to the Red Devils bringing his workmanlike attitude, strength and agility to the pack for next season and beyond.”

Join Wright in 2022 by purchasing an early bird season ticket HERE.

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/salfor ... l-forward/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
buttmonkey2

Re: SALFORD BOLSTER PACK WITH NRL FORWARD

Post by buttmonkey2 »

So Salford have signed a 25 year old with only 25 starting games and 15 substitute appearances scoring 2 tries in 2019. Highlights why "Super league" is exactly that in name only nowadays,
Back by demand.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 am So Salford have signed a 25 year old with only 25 starting games and 15 substitute appearances scoring 2 tries in 2019. Highlights why "Super league" is exactly that in name only nowadays,
Hastings worked out quite well for them the days of our rugby league attracting the world's best are lonh since over no point worrying about it
pedro

Post by pedro »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 am So Salford have signed a 25 year old with only 25 starting games and 15 substitute appearances scoring 2 tries in 2019. Highlights why "Super league" is exactly that in name only nowadays,
better than mago :)
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

pedro wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:35 pm
better than mago :)
You're not wrong!

At least Mago was still playing in the NRL as opposed to Wright who spent last season at Mackay

As for the person mentioning Hastings, Troll elsewhere - his scenario was totally different and at the moment has player 100 games more for the same age
Back by demand.