Hicks steps down

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
buttmonkey2

Hicks steps down

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Robert Hicks has retired as a full-time match official to take up a new role as Director of Operations and Legal at the RFL.
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ro ... 1sjSRgwYPo

Is this good news for us or bad??
Back by demand.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Hicks steps down

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'm certainly not reaching for a packet of Kleenex!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Looks like Warrington’s best player has just retired.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Kicked upstairs?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He had gone very odd in the second half of last season. Weird decisions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:32 pm He had gone very odd in the second half of last season. Weird decisions.
In the second half of the season? Come off it Mike he has never been fit to be a linesman even, see the home game v Wire in 2013? was it when Smith and Green were our half backs.
Equally to the point what does he know about legal, he has been a full time ref for far too long so I find it difficult to believe he is a lawyer. Disallowing that marvellous French try on Saturday must have been the final straw for someone with sense.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:32 pm He had gone very odd in the second half of last season. Weird decisions.
In the second half of the season? Come off it Mike he has never been fit to be a linesman even, see the home game v Wire in 2013? was it when Smith and Green were our half backs.
Equally to the point what does he know about legal, he has been a full time ref for far too long so I find it difficult to believe he is a lawyer. Disallowing that marvellous French try on Saturday must have been the final straw for someone with sense.
Odder then...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm
Been part of the Rfl legal team all the time he’s been a full time ref,still what does he know only 10 years reffing at the highest level as well as a qualified lawyer,still he knows nothing does he.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I think he was a teacher
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 pm I think he was a teacher
He’s a solicitor!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan