Hicks steps down

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Hicks steps down

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm
ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 pm I think he was a teacher
He’s a solicitor!
He's on the 40 twenty podcast comes across as a really nice bloke who knew his time was up by the end of the season and chose not to carry on so hig respect from me for that.

The refs aren't as bad as people make out,could they better yes I suppose they could but I say this to the pompous and pious who post on social media I say this if you need er make a mistake in your job then I simply don't believe you,they are human and fo a job that most,including me koan about but for the most part they get it right especially when you play it back on sky.

Another thing he said was one of his favourite games of last season was the play off game between wigan and Leeds
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:42 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm
ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 pm I think he was a teacher
He’s a solicitor!
He's on the 40 twenty podcast comes across as a really nice bloke who knew his time was up by the end of the season and chose not to carry on so hig respect from me for that.

The refs aren't as bad as people make out,could they better yes I suppose they could but I say this to the pompous and pious who post on social media I say this if you need er make a mistake in your job then I simply don't believe you,they are human and fo a job that most,including me koan about but for the most part they get it right especially when you play it back on sky.

Another thing he said was one of his favourite games of last season was the play off game between wigan and Leeds
He is a nice bloke, as are several who I know & they never fail to say hello.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And conversely an experienced ref goes - to be replaced obviously with an inexperienced guy, who will suffer the same cat calls and abuse from sideline "fans", and make more crucial mistakes in a high profile Super League or Knock-Out Cup game.