Ottawa Aces relocate to the UK

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Ottawa Aces relocate to the UK

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Ottawa relocated to Penryn Cornwall . Dam sight easier to get to Ottawa than Penryn lol
2002 and EW is hooked
Caboosegg

Re: Ottawa Aces relocate to the UK

Post by Caboosegg »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:21 am Ottawa relocated to Penryn Cornwall . Dam sight easier to get to Ottawa than Penryn lol
Good location for a weekend away as well.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I hope they succeed I really do
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Think its a great idea personally i can imagine there would be a good pull for players if they got to the right level
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I wouldn't like to have to drive there and back in a day during the summer! What time would away team have to see off you reckon?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:19 pm I wouldn't like to have to drive there and back in a day during the summer! What time would away team have to see off you reckon?
Sister goes down that way each summer leaves about 3.30 am to beat the traffic
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

There was a vibrant community RL scene in the South West going back to before Covid.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Best of luck to them, I would love to see them succeed. There are plenty of 'rugby' players down there who could quickly make the transition to league and it's good to see that they intend to use Cornish players. Their geographical position though will make things very difficult for them. Lack of away fans isn't the real problem because clubs at that level need to be able to survive on their home fan base. Their real problem will be the time taken for travel to the away games by their part time players who may need time off work to get to matches. It's alright Perez saying that it's a lot closer than Canada and they won't need to get a plane but does he realise how long it takes to drive from Cornwall to Yorkshire and back in a coach?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:42 am Best of luck to them, I would love to see them succeed. There are plenty of 'rugby' players down there who could quickly make the transition to league and it's good to see that they intend to use Cornish players. Their geographical position though will make things very difficult for them. Lack of away fans isn't the real problem because clubs at that level need to be able to survive on their home fan base. Their real problem will be the time taken for travel to the away games by their part time players who may need time off work to get to matches. It's alright Perez saying that it's a lot closer than Canada and they won't need to get a plane but does he realise how long it takes to drive from Cornwall to Yorkshire and back in a coach?
Not as long as it does from Millom
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:21 am Ottawa relocated to Penryn Cornwall . Dam sight easier to get to Ottawa than Penryn lol
not for me it's not. Looks like I've gained a RL team at last :shock: