Rhinos and YCCC

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Rhinos and YCCC

Post by ian.birchall »

The trouble currently overwhelming Yorkshire cricket is going to have a knock on effect on the Rhinos as they are going to lose their ability to benefit from the ECCB and Headingley test cricket income as they have done in the past which will mean them having to trim their cloth somewhat.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Rhinos and YCCC

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I thought Yorkshire cc owned cricket ground Leeds rl owned there side with each keeping there own revenue . But sharing 50/50 for upkeep of entire grounds . Think it used to all belong to Yorkshire cc. But not sure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 am I thought Yorkshire cc owned cricket ground Leeds rl owned there side with each keeping there own revenue . But sharing 50/50 for upkeep of entire grounds . Think it used to all belong to Yorkshire cc. But not sure
If in any doubt think of the joint cricket/rugby stand and the £35 milion Leeds City Council poured into the ground development when they were worried about losing Test cricket and International RL matches.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
keptinthedarkfans

The ground was owned by leeds cricket football and athletics jointly. However in 2006 Yorkshire cc bought the cricket ground outright but still keeping there share in the rugby ground. Hence me asking how income from cricket would affect Leeds Leeds rfl income.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The whole situation is an utter shambles does seem that the issue of racism isn’t a new one at the cricket club either
keptinthedarkfans

No your right don't look good and seems to have been long running. Think fall out from this will run deeper yet and not good for sport in general not only cricket.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:26 pm No your right don't look good and seems to have been long running. Think fall out from this will run deeper yet and not good for sport in general not only cricket.
Yes I have a feeling the lid of a very nasty tin of god knows what could hit sport very soon as I really can’t see racism be solely crickets problem
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:07 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:26 pm No your right don't look good and seems to have been long running. Think fall out from this will run deeper yet and not good for sport in general not only cricket.
Yes I have a feeling the lid of a very nasty tin of god knows what could hit sport very soon as I really can’t see racism be solely crickets problem
We seems to have a real lack of diversity in RL at the moment too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:28 am I thought Yorkshire cc owned cricket ground Leeds rl owned there side with each keeping there own revenue . But sharing 50/50 for upkeep of entire grounds . Think it used to all belong to Yorkshire cc. But not sure

Paul Caddick became owner of Leeds CF&A Co Ltd in October 1996, including ownership of Headingley Stadium.

As the owner of the Headingley Stadium, Paul was instrumental in the Yorkshire CCC becoming owners of their own stadium for the first time in the club's long history when he agreed to sell the cricket stadium to his neighbours in December 2005.
From https://www.therhinos.co.uk/staff/paul-caddick/
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:08 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:07 pm
We seems to have a real lack of diversity in RL at the moment too.
What are the reasons behind that Mike?