RED DEVILS SNAP UP SNEYD

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

RED DEVILS SNAP UP SNEYD

Post by josie andrews »

Salford Red Devils are delighted to announce that Marc Sneyd has returned on a three-year contract, as Paul Rowley’s first signing as head coach.

A product of the Salford youth system, Sneyd made his Betfred Super League debut for the Red Devils in June 2010 against Warrington Wolves and went on to feature for Salford for the next four years before departing for Hull FC in 2015.

The scrum-half, who also spent a year on loan at Castleford Tigers in 2014 during which he played in a Challenge Cup Final, is 9th in the leaderboards for most conversions and penalty goals in Super League history.

A proven winner, Sneyd has lifted the Challenge Cup twice in the last five years, winning the prestigious Lance Todd Trophy on both occasions with Hull FC.

Speaking on returning to where his rugby league career started, Sneyd said: “I’m really excited to be coming back to Salford. They’ve made some great signings and the squad looks like it’s taking shape.

“I’m excited to get on the field with the lads now and get stuck in with them.”

Salford Red Devils head coach Paul Rowley commented: ”

Director of rugby and operations Ian Blease said: “To have Marc return to where it all started for him is a fantastic example of how a true professional never forgets where they came from.

“He’s a proven winner and will bring with him a plethora of skill and experience to a squad that is already packed with talent.”

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... -up-sneyd-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Sneyd

Post by Charriots Offiah »

To Salford.
First Try Tickle

Re: Sneyd

Post by First Try Tickle »

Don't think this is a rumour.

Seems Gale maybe off to Hull.

sure some on here will say we should have gone for Sneyd, but apart from kicking I've never really rated him.