DYLAN NAPA JOINS DRAGONS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

DYLAN NAPA JOINS DRAGONS

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans Dragons have announced the signing of NRL front rower Dylan Napa ahead of the 2022 Betfred Super League season. The Australian prop has signed a two-year deal with the option of a third.

Dylan Napa, who turned 29 earlier this month, made his NRL debut with the Sydney Roosters in 2013. He made 124 appearances and scored 2 tries for the Sydney club before signing for Canterbury In 2019. He then made 54 appearances for the Bulldogs, scoring 4 tries.

He has won the NRL Premiership title twice, first in 2013 and then in 2018, as well as the NRL Minor Premiership in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018. He has also won the World Club Challenge during his time with the Roosters in 2014.

Napa has represented Queensland on seven occasions, winning the State of Origin series in 2017. He also represented the Cook Islands at the 2013 World Cup.

On signing with the Dragons, Dylan Napa said: “I’m very excited for the opportunity to be a part of the Catalans organization. To see the progress the club has made in the past years is an environment I want to grow as a player but just as importantly as a person.

"I have a great relationship with Steve McNamara from my time at the Roosters and can’t wait to get over to France, put in the work and earn respect from my teammates and coaching staff.”

Catalans Dragons head coach Steve McNamara added: “Having worked closely with Dylan at the Roosters, I know first hand the impact he can have in this competition. I spoke many times with him throughout the negotiations and his will, desire and enthusiasm to get back to his best form was overwhelming.

"He is at a great age for a front-rower, a grand Final winner who will be a great addition to our club.”

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... ns-dragons
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Re: DYLAN NAPA JOINS DRAGONS

Post by jobo »

Cracking signing for them especially if, Napa can get back to the form he had at the Roosters.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jobo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm Cracking signing for them especially if, Napa can get back to the form he had at the Roosters.
McNamara does seem to get the best out of players I feel
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Napa was a weapon a good few years ago so aggressive but with all these new rules it’s effected his game. Doesn’t seem as effect live anymore