Scotland

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Crosty 54

Re: Scotland

Post by Crosty 54 »

You go into Kinross around Loch leven were they kept Mary Queen Scott's prisoner then from their Falkland Palace loads things to do around that area I lived there for 20 years before I moved back to wigan Kinross is a lovely part of the country hope you enjoy
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Crosty 54 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 pm You go into Kinross around Loch leven were they kept Mary Queen Scott's prisoner then from their Falkland Palace loads things to do around that area I lived there for 20 years before I moved back to wigan Kinross is a lovely part of the country hope you enjoy
Will check those places out, thanks pal
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:09 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm With all these great posts I've started thinking about my next trip up just after next Easter, planning another 3 days up to John O'Groats with two nights in Inverness, I've got the route up sorted, Stirling/Perth/Aviemore route, on the 3rd night I'm thinking about staying around the Glasgow area so I'm after a route from Inverness to Glasgow via Balmoral to Pitlochry, need some help with the rest of the route as really want to see some nice scenery and don't want to be stuck on motorways and dual carriageways, the more Lochs, Forests, Glens the better
We really enjoyed perth and sterling meds….. nearly as much as inverness….. one of the python castles is near stirling in case morley is interested
Thanks, FS. Always interested in Python stuff, as you know! I'm hoping to do a bike ride up there in spring, but not decided exactly where yet.

Btw Meds, try Arbroath Smokies if you've not had them before. (Perfectly legal...they're fish :D )
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm With all these great posts I've started thinking about my next trip up just after next Easter, planning another 3 days up to John O'Groats with two nights in Inverness, I've got the route up sorted, Stirling/Perth/Aviemore route, on the 3rd night I'm thinking about staying around the Glasgow area so I'm after a route from Inverness to Glasgow via Balmoral to Pitlochry, need some help with the rest of the route as really want to see some nice scenery and don't want to be stuck on motorways and dual carriageways, the more Lochs, Forests, Glens the better
We really enjoyed perth and sterling meds….. nearly as much as inverness….. one of the python castles is near stirling in case morley is interested
Thanks, FS. Always interested in Python stuff, as you know! I'm hoping to do a bike ride up there in spring, but not decided exactly where yet.

Btw Meds, try Arbroath Smokies if you've not had them before. (Perfectly legal...they're fish :D )
I shall be picking a few packs up to take home Morley, can't beat a nice bit of haddock
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm

I shall be picking a few packs up to take home Morley, can't beat a nice bit of haddock
:D

If you get chance, try to visit some of the fishing villages on the Fife coast, below St Andrews: Anstruther, Crail, Elie, Pittenweem, Largo.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:13 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm

:D

If you get chance, try to visit some of the fishing villages on the Fife coast, below St Andrews: Anstruther, Crail, Elie, Pittenweem, Largo.
I believe the chippy at Anstruther is the best in Scotland so might have to be paying it a visit
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Don't get involved with the salt and sauce or salt and vinegar wars . An absolute minefield lol . Worse than the Glasgow ice cream wars ha ha ha .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked