Tony Clubb reveals he almost signed for Wigan’s Super League rivals

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tony Clubb reveals he almost signed for Wigan’s Super League rivals

Post by josie andrews »

Tony Clubb has recently joined Leigh Centurions as assistant coach after seven seasons at the Wigan Warriors.

The London-born enforcer initially came through the London Broncos set-up, registering almost 150 appearances in eight seasons until a move to Wigan came about ahead of the 2014 Super League season.

But, it was a toss-up between the Warriors and St Helens who also came in with an offer for Clubb who, at this time, was an outside back rather than a prop.

“I was having a bit of a rough time in London and wanted to leave,” Clubb told Leigh Centurions TV.

I wasn’t getting on with certain people and I handed in a transfer request saying I wanted to leave.

I met with Kris Radlinksi at Wigan and Mike Rush at St Helens, but I then went on to meet Shaun Wane and he convinced me that’s where I wanted to go.

“This was the middle of 2013, I was due to come in at the end of 2013 but London put a fee on me and Wigan said no so I signed six months later when my contract ended.”

Clubb will now be tasked with teaming up with former head coach Adrian Lam who has also made the short journey to the Centurions after three seasons in charge of Wigan.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/tony-clu ... als-46404/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan