Leigh Centurions sign NRL forward John Asiata

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Leigh Centurions sign NRL forward John Asiata

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:16 pm His kid apparently had a bad reaction to a regular vaccination.

Sounds like he’s made an emotional decision rather than educational.
If that is the case then his reasons for wanting to take the vaccine are very valid ones it seems to me.
I assume you mean not wanting to take the vaccine. If so it’s still not a valid reason. He is not his kid and as an adult will have been vaccinated all his life against various things like TB when growing up. He may even have had hepatitis and yellow fever vaccines if he’s travelled to certain pairs of Asia which are more or less on his doorstep as these will be a condition of travel from Australia. The covid vaccines same way as all the rest in terms of how they are delivered. There is nothing special about them.

Anyone know what his kid reacted badly to and are they sure it was a vaccine reaction?

I can’t find anything but it seems he is a bit of a religious zealot if if you read this (look at the instragram post at the end)

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/sacked-s ... ime-46203/

Looks to me like his objections are religious and he thinks God is going to protect him.

Edit: found this https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a40d9233f6

Doesn’t mention his son at all and looks like he’s just an anti-vaxer.

The reason the Bulldogs sacked him is because not being vaccinated would mean he couldn’t fulfil his contractual obligations if travelling to play was ruled out by not being vaccinated for example.

I am not sure what the RFL position is on this but I don’t think he should be allowed to sign for Leigh. He can make his own choice not to be vaccinated if he wants but he potentially puts others in danger by not getting vaccinated.

Where i work, the USA operation has mandated everyone over there must be vaccinated by 31st Dec or you are sacked. Seems fair enough to me as while not being vaccinated is up to the individual it’s not that individuals right to put others in danger or potentially shut down the operation by infecting others or just by being absent through avoidable illness. Asiata would be a key player for Leigh but if he’s ill or infects others because he would not get vaccinated he would be an liability.
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Centurions sign NRL forward John Asiata

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:56 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:16 pm His kid apparently had a bad reaction to a regular vaccination.

Sounds like he’s made an emotional decision rather than educational.
If that is the case then his reasons for wanting to take the vaccine are very valid ones it seems to me.
I assume you mean not wanting to take the vaccine. If so it’s still not a valid reason. He is not his kid and as an adult will have been vaccinated all his life against various things like TB when growing up. He may even have had hepatitis and yellow fever vaccines if he’s travelled to certain pairs of Asia which are more or less on his doorstep as these will be a condition of travel from Australia. The covid vaccines same way as all the rest in terms of how they are delivered. There is nothing special about them.

Anyone know what his kid reacted badly to and are they sure it was a vaccine reaction?

I can’t find anything but it seems he is a bit of a religious zealot if if you read this (look at the instragram post at the end)

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/sacked-s ... ime-46203/

Looks to me like his objections are religious and he thinks God is going to protect him.

Edit: found this https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a40d9233f6

Doesn’t mention his son at all and looks like he’s just an anti-vaxer.

The reason the Bulldogs sacked him is because not being vaccinated would mean he couldn’t fulfil his contractual obligations if travelling to play was ruled out by not being vaccinated for example.

I am not sure what the RFL position is on this but I don’t think he should be allowed to sign for Leigh. He can make his own choice not to be vaccinated if he wants but he potentially puts others in danger by not getting vaccinated.

Where i work, the USA operation has mandated everyone over there must be vaccinated by 31st Dec or you are sacked. Seems fair enough to me as while not being vaccinated is up to the individual it’s not that individuals right to put others in danger or potentially shut down the operation by infecting others or just by being absent through avoidable illness. Asiata would be a key player for Leigh but if he’s ill or infects others because he would not get vaccinated he would be an liability.
Well put Dave.

I haven’t seen a friend, who I used to see weekly, since the pandemic started because she refuses to have the vaccine, she won’t even have the flu jab! Mind you she is never ill 🤨 I

also haven’t seen one of my sisters for over a year who is housebound because her grandchildren have had different bouts of isolation because of being in contact with others who have had Covid.

I can’t risk coming into contact with anyone who isn’t vaccinated & boosted & I'm sure there are a lot more people on here the same with serious health issues.

Bloody hell I’m very poorly if I come into contact with someone who has the cold virus as it floors me for several weeks if I get a cold! Which did happen some weeks ago & because I was so ill with it, the doctor sent me for a PCR Covid test to be on the safe side. It was a negative result thank God.

I also do a lateral flow test twice a week just so I can visit my sister who has Stage 4 Ovarian cancer to keep her safe.

So, IMO, people who refuse to be be jabbed for any other reason except health, are being selfish towards others!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
buttmonkey2

Re: Leigh Centurions sign NRL forward John Asiata

Post by buttmonkey2 »

So DaveO and Josie are allowed to turn this site into a pro-vaccine possibly pro-lockdown couple of frenzied nutballs who cannot see that they are telling everyone that it is the unvaccinateds fault for the virus whilst the government runs around telling them that they need boosters as the vaccine doesn't work. Then the boosted blame the unboosted for the spread. How many jabs before you or I are classed as "protected"?
People will be likely to need to have annual Covid vaccinations for many years to come, the head of Pfizer has told the BBC

Dr Albert Bourla said he thought this would be needed to maintain a "very high level of protection".

The UK has now secured an extra 114 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to be delivered over the next two years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59488848

These are still on clinical trial and will be until early 2023 so they are not the same as any other vaccine previously given.
. Vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 are based on a completely new biotechnologyxiii. mRNA and
DNA-vector vaccines have never previously received full regulatory approval for mass
public use and are more akin to genetic manipulation/modification than traditional
vaccination. Current trials have only been in progress for a few months and therefore do
not allow any conclusions regarding possible medium and long-term effects of this novel
approach. Multiple concerns have been raised by scientists regarding possible adverse
effects, which at this stage remain unrefuted owing to lack of data. It is important to be
aware that all the Covid-19 vaccine trials are ongoing and not due to finish until the end
of 2022/beginning of 2023. In the circumstances, it is our opinion that the vaccines remain
experimental, and anyone vaccinated is effectively taking part in the trials looking at long
term effects, despite the emergency approval.
22. mRNA and DNA vaccines are designed to induce an immune response against a protein
that the body has been prompted to produce itself, by incorporation of the synthetic viral
gene present in the vaccine (in the form of mRNA or DNA) into the cell internal machinery
or genome. It is currently hypothesised that this immune response will be limited to the
target protein and not be directed to any innate human proteins, but there is no current
data that can rule out the possibility that this technology may trigger autoimmune
diseasesxiv, which could take several months or years to manifest.
23. Attempts at developing a vaccine against coronavirus have been in progress for almost 20
years at least since the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 in 2002. These have been unsuccessful,
mainly due to serious safety concerns in the animal trialsxv xvi
. Specifically, an effect of
immune enhancement or antibody-dependent immune enhancement (ADIE) was
observed, which caused animals to develop more severe disease when exposed to the
wild virus after immunisationxvii. Instead of being protected, the animals got very sick, and
some died. It is completely unknown at this stage, whether the currently administered
vaccines will trigger this devastating effect, as animal trials were limited or skipped and
the reaction to subsequent exposure to SARS-CoV-2 virus in humans has not been
specifically tested. The possibility of triggering ADEI remains a significant concernxviii xix
24. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines contain polyethylene glycol (PEG). PEG is a known
allergen which carries a risk of serious, potentially fatal allergic reactionsxx. Even within
the short space of time of the vaccine being rolled out, there have been several reports of
serious allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, which appear to be occurring at a higher rate
than normally expected for vaccinesxxi xxii
. In response to these reports, the US Centre for
Disease Control (CDC) issued advice that anyone allergic to PEG or its close relative,
Polysorbate, should not receive either of the currently available mRNA vaccinesxxiii
Did omicron arrive in this country because of unvaccinated travel or vaccinated travel from South Africa?

For your information - being vaccinated and boosted does NOT stop you catching this virus nor prevent you from passing it on. Supposed to reduce symptoms only (and that can be debated)

We have already seen the head of Pfizer saying we will have to take the jabs for years (at £25 per jab now - look it up) to come, jabbing kids that were never at risk, so called protecting people that had an immune system that has protected them from the coronavirus for years yet we now have you two with your opinions ruining a rugby forum with your bile

If you are protected and jabbing every few months, wear you mask (which the WHO insisted that outside of clinical setting was of no use) and social distance then why insist this is the only way? Why after almost 2 years has nothing changed? I once read that scientists can tell you nothing - only try and explain the hows and whys. It is history that tell you and at no time in history has this social manipulative behaviour worked for the good

If we have a lockdown then NO key workers this time. No ordering food and shopping online. All the energy company workers should shut down apart from providing for the hospitals, that is TRUE lockdown. Will that happen? Never, but that means those not classed as important as those working in the NHS should be put at what could be considered "your risk" so you can sit at home on full pay having shit delivered whilst they can do nothing more than work and go home and nothing more.

I work in the distribution sector and I can tell you 100% that is the reason so many have walked away - because they have to supposedly "take the risk" whilst continuing to work yet despite being fully jabbed and boosted, having to have restrictions placed upon them because, well because you idiots are afraid of an upper respiratory infection that, like so many can and has killed (flu jabs anyone)

BTW I have also worked as a hospital porter and can tell you that hospitals are almost always extremely busy!
Back by demand.