Publicity

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PJC

Re: Publicity

Post by PJC »

Re morley pie eaters comment “ a small regional sport....”. Going back to my initial thread. If the BBC had given the game its deserved coverage we might have moved on.
doc

Post by doc »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:44 pm
doc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:59 am Only a few friendlies going on over Xmas compared to a full competition in Union and with nobody in the New Year Honours list their isn't much to report on at the moment.
Jamie Jones Buchanan got a gong 😊
Missed that. Didn't see it at all on the BBC website when I checked the sporting honours.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:40 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:44 pm
doc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:59 am Only a few friendlies going on over Xmas compared to a full competition in Union and with nobody in the New Year Honours list their isn't much to report on at the moment.
Jamie Jones Buchanan got a gong 😊
Missed that. Didn't see it at all on the BBC website when I checked the sporting honours.
Exactly! I couldn’t find it on there either.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:12 pm Re morley pie eaters comment “ a small regional sport....”. Going back to my initial thread. If the BBC had given the game its deserved coverage we might have moved on.
Its always someone else's fault.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
sincityderecho

Post by sincityderecho »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:13 pm The BBC is not interested in our sport we need to cast them aside and partner with an organisation that supports our cause. Mind you, if we became a woke sport they would be all over us!
Yes, I think the BBC is not interested in rugby ..
Last edited by sincityderecho on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The BBC, like all such organisations, likes to make much of the sporting events it has the rights to (like Wimbledon, the Six Nations), and give less coverage to sports covered by Sky or BT (like rugby league, and more recently, Test cricket). This is an fortunate fact of life.

I would say, though, that I have been one of those who always though RL would be better on free-to-air TV (even if Sky paid more money).
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

sincityderecho wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:38 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:13 pm The BBC is not interested in our sport we need to cast them aside and partner with an organisation that supports our cause. Mind you, if we became a woke sport they would be all over us!
Yes, I think the BBC is not interested in rugby ..
The BBC wanted to ditch the RL coverage including the Challenge cup it was only the MPs Rugby league society that got it changed stating that he challenge cup was shown all the world .
PJC

Post by PJC »

Sounds a trivial ,petty question but why in the BBC sport listings does Rugby Union always appear above League. That’s not in my alphabet .