Challenge Cup 2022: Orrell St James v British Army kicks off BBC live stream coverage

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
widdenoldboy

Re: Challenge Cup 2022: Orrell St James v British Army kicks off BBC live stream coverage

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm
PAB721 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:24 am Hello Josie, Sorry the car park was full - it was probably me who had to turn you away, 'If I'd known you were coming, I'd have reserved you a place!!! Glad you enjoyed the occasion though. It was a great day for the club and although we didn't get the result in the end, I thought OSJ put in a really good performance and we were able to showcase our new facilities which hopefully made a good impression on everyone who came to the game. It was great to see some of the Wigan team there, too. Great support for a local, community club.
Hey, that’s fine no problem, I should have got their earlier 😊 I parked right in front of the gate so wasn’t too bad until I tried to get away! Must have done about a 20 point turn 😂😂 to turn the car round with all the parked cars on the road

What a great game. OSJ surely put up a great fight to the end, I just hope the players are proud of themselves for an extremely entertaining RL game.

It brought back a lot of memories of going to old grounds like Featherstone, Wakey, Oldham, the Willows Dewsbury, Wildespool etc standing in the rain, shoes full of mud 😂 before all the modern stadiums. Mind you Cas & Wakey aren’t much different now 😉

I used to go to watch amateur RL on the fields where the DW stadium, gym & car parks are now & also St Pats regularly until the Warriors academy teams fixtures started to clash with amateur RL.

I, too, saw several pro players there which was good to see them supporting the amateur game 😊
Thats got me thinking about the Ken Gee Cup, can anyone remember the pitch, down Swan Meadow Lane?