Superleague Show

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Superleague Show

Post by ian.birchall »

The BBC make another cack-up of Rugby league with the commentary running 30 secs or more in front of the action on the screen and no apology either.
Transfer the programme to Channel 4 to see how it should be done.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Re: Superleague Show

Post by Firestarter »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm The BBC make another cack-up of Rugby league with the commentary running 30 secs or more in front of the action on the screen and no apology either.
Transfer the programme to Channel 4 to see how it should be done.
Haha i thought it was my sky having a funny un again
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My recording was fine 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm My recording was fine 😊
So ur commentary sync wasnt a mile out???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:49 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm My recording was fine 😊
So ur commentary sync wasnt a mile out???
I’ve just started watching it & posted too soon 😳 Dave Woods did start commentating when Tanya was still talking to Kearney.

I’m just up to Cas v Sts

Yeah our game is all over the place! You’re both right! How bad is that?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I used to have TSLS on Season Record, but it is literally the only programme I ever record that always seems to start late. Nine times out of ten, the programme doesn't start till about ten minutes into the recording, and hence cuts out before the end (and yes, I do know abut adding time to the ends of recordings, but already have that on max). I say again, it is the only show on television where this happens.

So now that I have a 'smart' TV (a bit of a misnomer really), fortunately I can watch it 'on the app'.

And, as I've remarked before, why do we never see Wigan players featured? There are guys from Leeds and Saints there every other week. I remember Jackson Hastings once, before that... Matty Smith?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

BBC iPlayer works fine and is available before TSLS is transmitted on "normal" BBC, so how they managed to add the weird commentry issue is only known to the BBC?
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I used to watch it every week but got fed up of it constantly changing the viewing times, one minute it was on at 11 the next it was on at 1 in the morning, to me it disrespected the sport as a whole and I got sick of waiting up to watch it to find it had been replaced with a re-run of the Graham Norton show, I occasionally watch it on catch up, more than anything just to try and increase the viewing figures so the BBC will continue with it
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Have they lengthened TSS show lately? It seems like it to me. I assume they are strictly hobbled by Sky for the number of minutes of action they can actually show, but it does seem to me that they pad it out with too much dull talk. Players seldom have any great insights to offer (or, perhaps, they have, but rightly think it better to keep their counsel on national TV). Actually I thought Ryan Brierley was more articulate and better than most, but I still found myself hitting the fast-forward button.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

In the days before smart tv's and apps, when we just had council television the Superleague show was shown up here on BBC2 at about 2am lol

EW
2002 and EW is hooked