Superleague Show

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Superleague Show

Post by moto748 »

It still is I think.

But what abut the anount of chat?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Can't remember the last time I watched the show to be honest I have it set on my sky glass so it's there if I want to watch it but too much chatter has spoiled it
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Goes to show, then, if it can't even attract viewers amongst the posters on this site...
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:51 pm Goes to show, then, if it can't even attract viewers amongst the posters on this site...
i think a lot of that is down to scheduling though. I look on a Monday night and it can be anything between 11pm and 2am that its shown. depends how badly they want to show a re-run of something else before it, so most Mondays i put the TV on sleep and get my head down. If it had a regular 10.30 spot for example, would more people tune in? I know i would def watch it at 10.30, but really not that desperate to watch it at 1.30am, when my alarm is going off at 5.30 :) :)

i personally like the format and its good to get a players view on the games too, although it used to be yorkshire biased when it was studio based. I think covid has forced the format a little too and they are now at one of the grounds, so could be any player
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:20 pm Have they lengthened TSS show lately? It seems like it to me. I assume they are strictly hobbled by Sky for the number of minutes of action they can actually show, but it does seem to me that they pad it out with too much dull talk. Players seldom have any great insights to offer (or, perhaps, they have, but rightly think it better to keep their counsel on national TV). Actually I thought Ryan Brierley was more articulate and better than most, but I still found myself hitting the fast-forward button.
Agree about Brierley - he didn't fall back on cliches, but showed insight. Sign him up to replace Clarke or Tez.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:42 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:20 pm Have they lengthened TSS show lately? It seems like it to me. I assume they are strictly hobbled by Sky for the number of minutes of action they can actually show, but it does seem to me that they pad it out with too much dull talk. Players seldom have any great insights to offer (or, perhaps, they have, but rightly think it better to keep their counsel on national TV). Actually I thought Ryan Brierley was more articulate and better than most, but I still found myself hitting the fast-forward button.
Agree about Brierley - he didn't fall back on cliches, but showed insight. Sign him up to replace Clarke or Tez.
Or Barrie.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And, y'know, again I say, I wish we could find an articulate Wigan player to go on there. But yeah, Brierley was better than most.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:12 pm And, y'know, again I say, I wish we could find an articulate Wigan player to go on there. But yeah, Brierley was better than most.
Matty smith was decent at the time
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And that's about how far you have to go back! Saints and Leeds have players on all the time, why can't we?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The St Helens Show: Kristian Woolf souvenir special edition!