Catalans Dragons launch move for Wakefield Trinity star

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Catalans Dragons launch move for Wakefield Trinity star

Post by medlocke »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am
medlocke wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:20 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:59 pm Can we have Tom Davies.
Why
Because he is one of the best wingers in the league and massively underrated
Couldn't care less, we currently have an awesome set of wingers, He made the decision to leave Wigan, I don't want him back, He is the past, I only want to us to sign new players with no connection to the club, I want to see new players, not old, and if he was really as good as everyone keeps saying then why hasn't Catalans given him a shiny new contract and why aren't NRL clubs swarming around him?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 pm

Why
Couldn't care less, we currently have an awesome set of wingers, He made the decision to leave Wigan, I don't want him back, He is the past, I only want to us to sign new players with no connection to the club, I want to see new players, not old, and if he was really as good as everyone keeps saying then why hasn't Catalans given him a shiny new contract and why aren't NRL clubs swarming around him?
Must admit I’ve no interest in him coming back,he left and that’s fine and well we move on
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:04 pm

Must admit I’ve no interest in him coming back,he left and that’s fine and well we move on
He moved on because he was at the back of the queue with Burgess, Manfredi & Marshall.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Why would Davies want to leave (unless he's homesick) and cant imagine Catalans wanting to release him!

I agree, with other, I'm more than happy with French and Marshall as our starting wingers!

Johnstone is pure class (regardless of his injury hit history)!
AsREDaS

Post by AsREDaS »

I'd have Davies back but I doubt he would want to come back, after suffering the injury he had and coming back to then be put way down the pecking order like he was must have stung a little!
Lam had a habit for me of dropping people for it to then look like they would never get back in the team as he had a preferred set of players. Davies found a way out and I don't blame him for it.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Why
He did get a new contract.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:07 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:04 pm
He moved on because he was at the back of the queue with Burgess, Manfredi & Marshall.
Yes and he was poorly paid. In hindsight the club made a poor choice letting him go.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:54 pm

He did get a new contract.
When?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AsREDaS wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:10 am I'd have Davies back but I doubt he would want to come back, after suffering the injury he had and coming back to then be put way down the pecking order like he was must have stung a little!
Lam had a habit for me of dropping people for it to then look like they would never get back in the team as he had a preferred set of players. Davies found a way out and I don't blame him for it.
He’s bought a house over their according to a member of his family.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan