Watch: Herculean Jackson Hastings tackle undone by potential greatest pass of all time

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Watch: Herculean Jackson Hastings tackle undone by potential greatest pass of all time

Post by josie andrews »

The NRL’s Magic Weekend has already conjured up plenty of magic moments including a great game between Sydney and Paramatta, a tight win for Souths against the Warriors and a top of the table clash, but in terms of individual moments, the best has come in the weekend’s last game.

Jackson Hastings’ Wests took on North Queensland Cowboys to round off the weekend and although the Cowboys headed for a routine victory winning 36-12, the game has conjured up a real magic moment which perhaps helped inspire them to victory.

Winger Murray Taulagi was headed for the corner within the first 10 minutes of the contest as former Man of Steel Jackson Hastings reached him. Hastings summoned up great strength to carry Taulagi over the touchline. However, the winger was airborne and as he fell to the ground flicked the ball back inside for Scott Drinkwater to score.

The pass is being described as the best ever with the commentary team saying “that’s better than Benji’s flick pass from 05” in reference to Benji Marshall’s moment of magic in the 2005 Grand Final which was contested between the same two teams.

You can watch the moment here:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 74f55b5773
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Watch: Herculean Jackson Hastings tackle undone by potential greatest pass of all time

Post by medlocke »

Who knew he had it in him? :lol: :lol:
The booze hound

Re: Watch: Herculean Jackson Hastings tackle undone by potential greatest pass of all time

Post by The booze hound »

Wow. That pass is jaw dropping.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The lad looks a wonderful talent, The Cowboys have really been the surprise package this season.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I hate to be that guy but those types of passes don't really impress me. Sure, it's a wow moment and looks great, but the fact is he was pretty much in touch and just launched a throw out the back door by hook or by crook. He hadn't looked so had no idea who was there. It could have just as easily landed in an opponents hands and they run the length of the field.

Passes that impress me more are passes when you have an opponent in your face and you still manage a flat ball to a team mate running towards a gap. Or even better, a pass like Lockers did to put Sarginson in at Stains a number of years back that must have been a good 30 yards off his wrong hand which landed perfectly in his arms. That takes a higher percentage of skill and less luck
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:58 am I hate to be that guy but those types of passes don't really impress me. Sure, it's a wow moment and looks great, but the fact is he was pretty much in touch and just launched a throw out the back door by hook or by crook. He hadn't looked so had no idea who was there. It could have just as easily landed in an opponents hands and they run the length of the field.

Passes that impress me more are passes when you have an opponent in your face and you still manage a flat ball to a team mate running towards a gap. Or even better, a pass like Lockers did to put Sarginson in at Stains a number of years back that must have been a good 30 yards off his wrong hand which landed perfectly in his arms. That takes a higher percentage of skill and less luck
That was some pass!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:58 am I hate to be that guy but those types of passes don't really impress me. Sure, it's a wow moment and looks great, but the fact is he was pretty much in touch and just launched a throw out the back door by hook or by crook. He hadn't looked so had no idea who was there. It could have just as easily landed in an opponents hands and they run the length of the field.

That was some pass!!
I've seen better
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:11 pm

That was some pass!!
I've seen better
Well that’s a typical reply from you!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:11 pm

That was some pass!!
I've seen better
Well that’s a typical reply from you!
I was on about Murray Taulagi :D