Dog gone: Dufty to depart for Super League

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Dog gone: Dufty to depart for Super League

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:22 pm
pedro wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:40 pm

because thats the rule, he chose to go play in Aus at a young age
So he gets tarnished as non federation because he was lucky, or unlucky, to get scouted for his first professional contract in Australia? Brilliant!!
His uncle is ray unsworth sorted it for him, I’m sure he’s not too bothered as he’s ripping it up in Brisbane…
I thought his uncle was Brian Foley?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:24 pm

So he gets tarnished as non federation because he was lucky, or unlucky, to get scouted for his first professional contract in Australia? Brilliant!!
His uncle is ray unsworth sorted it for him, I’m sure he’s not too bothered as he’s ripping it up in Brisbane…
It is. Just been racking my brains about it. It was Brian who got him the gig in Oz. That’s why I wouldn’t reply to the post until I remembered his name. I used to chat regularly with Brian. He had health issues late on & think he left. Not sure if he went to Oz as well.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

my bad, same principle
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Revealed: The money needed for Warrington Wolves to lure target Matt Dufty

Warrington Wolves have been in the transfer market looking for new blood ever since the May 1 deadline approached.

With Sam Kasiano, Gil Dudson and Thomas Mikaele already signed up, one major target whose name does not go away is Canterbury Bulldogs livewire Matt Dufty.

Dufty only signed a one-year deal at the Bulldogs ahead of the 2022 season after an ill-fated spell at St George Illawarra Dragons, but he has been heavily linked with a transfer to Super League.

However, the Sydney Morning Herald has revealed just how much it will take to lure the fullback halfway across the world.

The publication revealed the salaries of NRL players from a leaked document, with Dufty’s estimated wage standing at $350,000.

In British pound sterling, that figure would equate to almost £200,000 which would take up a huge amount of Warrington’s salary cap on just one player.

Of course, taking into account the move, the salary would perhaps even be higher than that to be able to lure him over in the first place.

New head coach Daryl Powell has been on a recruitment spree in the second-half of the 2022 Super League season following a less than successful takeover of the Halliwell Jones Stadium as Warrington sit outside the play-offs.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/revealed ... fty-53672/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm

my bad, same principle
Are you referring to Ray Unsworth the school teacher?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:14 pm
pedro wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm

my bad, same principle
Are you referring to Ray Unsworth the school teacher?
I was
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Brian Foley did go out to Oz with Herbie.
Don't know if Brian's still there or not.