New Hull KR coach Willie Peters reveals three NRL stars are joining Rovers in 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

New Hull KR coach Willie Peters reveals three NRL stars are joining Rovers in 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Peters dropped a bombshell on an NRL based podcast as he announced three Hull KR signings from the NRL

Future Hull KR coach Willie Peters has dropped a bombshell as he has named the three NRL players that he will be bringing over to Craven Park in 2023.

Speaking to the Newcastle Herald's reporter Barry Toohey on his podcast about the Newcastle Knights, Peters revealed that Hull KR have signed NRL trio Tom Opacic, Rhys Kennedy and Sauaso "Jesse" Sue ahead of the 2023 campaign.

Rumours had been circling around Opacic and Kennedy, but the big news is the capture of Jesse Sue. The 30-year-old hard-hitting prop forward has represented Samoa on 14 occasions and has made 169 NRL appearances for Wests Tigers, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Newcastle Knights.

"Hull KR have got some really exciting players," said Peters. "NRL veterans like Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Lachlan Coote are still going strong, and young Mikey Lewis, the five-eight looks really good.

"My plan isn't to go over there and change everything up, and I'm bringing three lads over with me to fill our spots and add to our development, Rhys Kennedy, Tom Opacic and Jesse Sue. They'll add to what we are doing over there."

With Jesse Sue, we have a guy called George King who's a prop who does everything full on and never stops. So Jesse will help Kingy a lot. Rhys Kennedy hasn't played a lot this year, but from what I saw from him last year, the Super League game will suit him.

"It's about keeping the building process from Tony and keeping the free-flowing play that the Hull KR fans have come to know. We need to tighten our defence up, but there's some good stuff at KR."

The signatures of all three are major coups for the Robins and are precisely what the club need. Opacic will strengthen the right-hand side up defensively and offer constant threats on the flanks, whereas Sue and Kennedy will bolster the pack and add some much-needed firepower down the middle for Willie Peters.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan