Superleague Show - Saints v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the pieman

Re: Superleague Show - Saints v Leeds

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm Personally I hate this I have/ I have no try situation it’s just ridiculous. Have the courage of your own conviction. Why say it’s a try/no try then offer it to the VR for them to see if you are right or try to find something you’ve missed to overrule it!

If you aren’t sure just ask for the VR to check it not to see if the decision you have made is right or wrong!

This ruling really does my head in 🤪

Get rid of it or the VR
Not sure of the exact wording but in RU, they ask is there any reason why i cant give a try - i think it is

not saying it is any better or not, but that is basically asking for support and for the video ref to give guidance as to what the result should be. Completely different outcome in regards to the Grace try at weekend, although i dont see why they couldnt overturn it. surely the way the ball came out was conclusive enough that there wasnt downwards pressure / in control

I know that we have had tries that as a Wigan fan you look at them and think we were lucky to get away with that one, but given the Grace one was at weekend it just highlighted the inconsistency of the whole process and that even with technology it can still be so wrong

as to Leeds, i think the heads / discipline went off the back of several poor reffing decisions. However, you cant accomodate Bentley knocking the ball out at the penalty as that just automatically puts the team on the back foot
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Tom Grants officiating was terrible, but his support cast of Hicks & Kendall as the touch judges and Liam Moore as VR where equally bad. One of Hicks or Kendall must of seen what was happening and could have easily told him the right call.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'll say what I've said before about this: we changed to this system with the video ref, because fans moaned that "the onfield refs won't make a decision; they send everything upstairs", so the system was changed so that they had to say, try or no try. Is the old way better? Probably yes, on balance. But lets not kid ourselves; people will moan whatever system is in place.

But as pointed out, the biggie is, you need video techology at every game. Otherwise it's simply not fair, it means in effect that some games are officiated differently to others.

The system they use in the NRL with the bunker is good, and I like the way they check every try anyway, whilst the conversion is being prepared, without making a song and dance about it. But we are too poor to afford that, it seems.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watching the cats game..3 saints players looking at the ref to disallow the cats try…… Why? Clearly a try and lomax complaining while his head is stuck in the try scorers back……. Its getting stupid now…… penalise these players before it gets like football
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE