Dragons sign Ma’u for 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Dragons sign Ma’u for 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans Dragons have announced the signing of Manu Ma’u from the 2023 season. The Hull FC back-rower has signed a two-year deal with the club.

Manu Ma’u made his professional debut in 2014 for NRL club Parramatta Eels. Born in Auckland, the Tongan-born forward made 115 appearances for the Eels in 6 NRL seasons.

In 2020, he joined Betfred Super League by signing for Hull FC. A regular starter in the Black & Whited squad, Ma’u has scored 6 tries in 46 Super League appearances.

He's also represented Tonga on 16 occasions, including the 2017 Rugby League World Cup when his country reached the semi-finals. Born in New Zealand, he also represented the Kiwis with 6 international caps in 2016.

Ma’u explained his delight in signing with Catalans in 2023. He said: "To get this opportunity to join the Dragons is a huge honour for me. When speaking to Steve McNamara and some former players from the club, I knew it was the right decision for me and my family.

"I’m excited to be joining a great club like Catalans and I’ll be making sure I earn the respect from Steve and his staff, players and supporters. They have a quality team and I want to be part of it in 2023. I’m looking forward to this new chapter. All tough my future is now sorted, my main focus is finishing off strong with Hull FC."

Catalans Dragons head coach Steve McNamara added: "Manu is a player I have liked and respected for many years. His performances have been outstanding this year. He will bring some real attacking quality along with ferocious defence. He is a terrific guy, humble, honest and a real team player."

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/2 ... u-for-2023
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan